Waninkoko releases CFW for PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeagt

Inactive User
Reaction score
INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK

WARNING there has been a number of reports of bricks after installnig this. please wait until it is completely tested and a valid way of installing before proceeding. DW or myself are not responsible if you brick your console

reports are saying do not install this over geohots cfw or you will get a brick make sure you goto orig 3.55

+---------------------------+
| PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 |
| developed by Waninkoko |
| wxw.teknoconsolas.es|

>> DESCRIPTION:

This Custom Firmware for the PS3 increases the system features of your console to
allow the installation and execution of homebrew applications.
This Custom Firmware could allow too the loading of legal copies (backups) using
these new included features.

We don't support and condone the usage of illegal copies.
We are not responsible for any damage for the usage of this Custom Firmware.

>> INSTALLATION:

1. Download PS3 Firmware 3.55 (PS3UPDAT.PUP file).
2. Patch PS3UPDAT.PUP file with the patch included in this package using the "bsdiff" tool (Binary diff).
3. Install the patched PUP file like a normal firmware update.
(in case you're already in 3.55 you need to install it in recovery mode).

>> KUDOS:

- Team fail0verflow
- KaKaRoTo
- flukes1
- Hermes
- jgade

Not sure if i'm allowed to have the link on here to download. But i'm sure you'll be able to find it ;)

Last edited:
not to worry found windows vwersion and patched it .

WAIT

Taken from his Twitter page

Waninkoko
hackinblack Waninkoko

Do NOT install in Slim consoles! Looks like users are reporting bricking issues. That's weird as the CFW was tested on both models.

WAIT

Taken from his Twitter page

Waninkoko
hackinblack Waninkoko

Do NOT install in Slim consoles! Looks like users are reporting bricking issues. That's weird as the CFW was tested on both models.

just about to post that myself m8, hes testing at the moment and he is gonna post back soon

PS3CFW.PUP
MD5: 6eab7f1deea1ed46a1dc9924fd7080b3

this is the md5 im getting on the one i patched.
can upload to external if ok with mods ?
dont want to brick anyones console

PS3CFW.PUP
MD5: 6eab7f1deea1ed46a1dc9924fd7080b3

this is the md5 im getting on the one i patched.
can upload to external if ok with mods ?
dont want to brick anyones console

i wouldn't, upload but save for PM's. stay safe!

yeah as long as you host it on megaupload or the likes and then code your link that's fine. :)

tweeted by waninkoko/hackinblack

I recommend updating first to OFW 3.55, then to CFW 3.55. I'm sorry for all the consoles that have died, this was unexpected :S

tweeted by mathieulh

@hackinblack Maybe the reason we said not to patch lv2 is because it happens to be DANGEROUS ?

sry to keep replying to my own post but i want to make sure no one misses it,

imo do not use this if you have a 60gb fat launch console, looks like alot of them are turning to bricks.

reports are saying do not install this over geohots cfw or you will get a brick make sure you goto orig 3.55

wrong theres reports it works over ge'so and others have bricked on ofw.

its random there is no cause.

quote:

<flukes1> wanin changed the structure of lv2
<flukes1> to make room for a bigger payload
<flukes1> no surprise it randomly bricks, that's asking for trouble

end quote:

he just wrote what he wanted to lv2 so thats why theres a risk of vricking no matter what console.

its the exact reason flukes1 was doing the lv1 thing to be able to do lv2 safely.

you do this its a 50/50 there is no reason or wrong or right console. LV2 is the risk you write to it you risk the brick...

model of ps3 or the way you do it isnt a factor.

It needs to be installed on OFW 3.55 in recovery mode.

most people reporting bricks are either not checking to make sure the checksum is the same or installing it though the XBM.

It needs to be installed on OFW 3.55 in recovery mode.

most people reporting bricks are either not checking to make sure the checksum is the same or installing it though the XBM.

again wrong, theres loads of bricks from ofw using recovery,

theres also sucess from geo's straight to the new one via recovery AND xmb.

its the patch, the payload in lv2, its either sucess or a brick regardless of console, im on irc channels and on the ps3 websites.

reports are all over the place but there no one cause or console ect.. that its affecting.

think of the brick as neo from the matrix..

an anomoly.. in the code.. will run perfectly.. tho piss him off and will go all kung fu on you .. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back