Wallaby claims died on ecstacy and booze at dublin party !!!

chrispeters

Elite Member
Reaction score
Dont know if anyone heard this news yet ...some of u are aware i have been working away in dublin all week , and this has been top news .
it absoluteley SICKENS me to the stomach , near brought a tear to my eye ... read it .

Irish police are investigating claims that a wallaby died after being plied with alcohol at a birthday party in Dublin last weekend.

The marsupial was let loose among more than 150 revellers dancing to the theme tune of the Australian television show Skippy the Bush Kangaroo at the Clarion hotel, in Liffey Valley, it was claimed.

Complaints from animal welfare campaigners have sparked an official garda investigation.

Alexander Scholl, the owner of Australian Super Circus Sydney, situated 500 metres from the hotel, told detectives that he had two wallabies – Skippy and Sydney – but denied that either had been involved in the alleged incident.

"They think it was one of my wallabies, but it definitely was not," he said. "I would never lend them out to a nightclub with all the noisy music.

"Someone told them the wallaby was dead. I said if it is dead then it is not one of my wallabies. I showed them Skippy and Sydney."

The Garda Síochána launched the inquiry after complaints were passed on by a witness at the 30th birthday celebrations and others who had seen a video uploaded on Facebook. Police have been handed CCTV footage from the hotel.

"There is no evidence at this stage of a body, or evidence to suggest it is dead," a garda source said.

The video footage showed an animal, which appeared to be either a kangaroo or a wallaby, being released onto the dance floor as the DJ played the Skippy theme tune.

Dozens of partygoers at the hotel took photographs and filmed the animal as it was manhandled and lifted into the air to cheering from the crowd.

The hotel's manager, Garret Marrinan, said a duty manager became suspicious when he noticed a commotion around the dance floor in a hired function room at about 11pm on Saturday.

"By the time he got down through the crowd, the animal and the box were gone," he said. "We had no idea where it came in or how it got out of the hotel. The whole thing was all a bit upsetting, to be honest with you."

The Dublin Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (DSPCA) said it had received five complaints, including one from a person claiming to have been at the party.

Irish police investigate wallaby party death claim | World news | The Guardian

Other Reports claim , party goers forced drugs into its mouth ...pretend sex on the dance floor with the wallaby and
forcing it alcohol ! the recent news is saying it died of a heart attack !

Last edited:
yes, i've heard this on the news and been looking for the story, i heard it was a baby kangaroo. :(

poor animal, unbelievable how stupid and sick minded some people are!

some guy has put a MASSIVE reward up..
leading to the arrest and conviction of the persons responsible .
i cant believe people would do this ...

there was somebody stole a penguin from Dublin zoo recently and let it loose in the city centre, in rush hour traffic :(

mindless idiots!

mindless people do silly things,i hope they get found and get a tazer gun used on them.let them know what a good shock is:banana:

Back