Vu+ starting issue

I've had the lid off all last night and the fan was spinning and it was fine but something to check for sure.
Might try putting some tape over the sata cable and putting the lid back on again later to see how it goes.

Ok after still having issues with this box I am now thinking this is a PSU problem. Was actually looking at fan and while that was still spinning the box just rebooted itself. So I know it isn't down to the fan stopping and it overheating and I've had the lid off as well.
I know people have mentioned power supply issues with clones so thats why i am thinking this. F***ing annoying me now though cos as i'm watching something it could be a crucial or interesting part and then BAM...a restart!!!
Just had a quick google and seen that the PSU is about 50 quid...is that right?!

PSU from a certain PRC supplier should come in at around £27 delivered in around 3-5 days

But wouldn't that be the same standard as the one in the box?

Not sure how true this is as i have personally no experience in this matter but have read you cannot use an official PSU unit in a clone, as i say just what i read

So if you can only use another PSU which is designed for a clone is it even worth getting one as I could still end up with the same fault?

So if you can only use another PSU which is designed for a clone is it even worth getting one as I could still end up with the same fault?

maybe but they did upgrade the quality of the psu,s from what ive read brought on by the large amount of psu failures,regards mdt

There are revised psus out there but what you get might be pot luck and dependant on stock. If it was me I'd specifically ask for a revised PSU, no idea if they are any more reliable but people have posted to say that the box after the PSU swap now drives their motor correctly.

Just wish i would have forked the extra out for the original....oh well you win some...but not in this case lol

Back