Vu+ starting issue

leemoo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Before you read my essay my box is back up and running but this has happened a couple of times and I don't know why so guessing it may happen again so looking for some ideas what it may be.

Ok, this has happened a couple of times now and last time I just flashed with my latest backup and was back up and running but this time didn't work straight away.
The issue I have is switched the box on last night and get "starting up" seems to take a while then comes up with "VU DUO" and then box restarts and goes back back to "starting up" and just keeps doing this over and over and this is whether I have my USB in back for crossepg or not. Don't have hard drive attached as this won't connect and has never done since purchasing the box.
As i say i just reflashed last time and was back up pretty much straight away.
This time it didn't work even after flashing last back up and one before that and even the standard image. I read that capacitors may have been swollen so opened box and had a look and all ok.....put cover back on, switched on and thought may try another image but then it came on to FTA. Flashed with my latest backup and put USB back for crossepg and all back up and running.
Any ideas peeps??

Thinking if it does happen again maybe get the lastest BH image whatever that may be (?) and start from scratch.
Also read to try a different satelites.xml but surely it wouldn't be working now if that was the case?

Ok my box details:
VU+ Duo Clone V2 Blackhole 1.7.3

Let me know if any more info needed?

Cheers
Lee

Sounds very much like an image corruption somewhere and when you did a backup you also did a backup of the corruption, My advice would be to stat a fresh with BH 1.7.2 probably the best image for the clones and has no bloatware that BH stuck in after this release.

When you flash it from scratch and have everything working as it should but by this i mean minimal configs say just your channel list, Cams and settings and literally nothing else. See how this runs and then if all is ok back it up and then start messing with plugins and everything else, If it goes wrong then you know you have a base image with just the necessitates that you need.

Cheers for the input mate was thinking about starting from scratch but with the latest image but certainly worth thinking about going back to 1.7.2.
It's still working tonight but I think it's just a matter of time before this problem happens again. As long as its software related I can live with that as different image should sort it but i think I'll cry if I have another hardware related problem lol

I am sure you realise that on the Clones you can only use up to Blackhole 1.7.5 and Vix 2.3.96 as anything later contains newer drivers that the clones will not run, Just going of personal preference really i have 1.7.2 on a Clone solo in a spare room its used quite a bit and also for testing purposes and has yet to let me down yet not even a crash or a green screen with that image release

I am sure you realise that on the Clones you can only use up to Blackhole 1.7.5 and Vix 2.3.96 as anything later contains newer drivers that the clones will not run, Just going of personal preference really i have 1.7.2 on a Clone solo in a spare room its used quite a bit and also for testing purposes and has yet to let me down yet not even a crash or a green screen with that image release

I was under the impression you could just flash it with an update the way you could from v1 to v2 box but obviously nothing has been released to allow you to do that then. Thanks for letting me know mate. Think if i reflash my box from scratch I'll go for 1.7.2 as that seems to be getting the thumbs up from pretty much everyone.

V1 didn't cum with serial port board like v2 boxes...so I understand..

V1 didn't cum with serial port board like v2 boxes...so I understand..

Not true sorry my V1 Duo came with the Null modem lead and IC security update board just the same as my Clone V2.0 solo has done, the only reason for removing these is from unscrupulous UK and overseas dealers, And it could also be one of the many Clone of Clones so to speak

cheers digi for clearing that up, so they could be clones of clones, i was thinking of getting a clone solo, but to be honest, im gonna go for a genuine solo or uno as it has a front display and option to have an internal hard drive,..

cheers digi for clearing that up, so they could be clones of clones, i was thinking of getting a clone solo, but to be honest, im gonna go for a genuine solo or uno as it has a front display and option to have an internal hard drive,..

Might be a better option going for a dm se clone than the solo original if you are stuck on original tho then the vu uno or a duo is your better options imv

Think if i was to get another VU+ i'd go for an original. Clones are fine providing you don't have any issues and don't have to send them back to China but if you do....then it starts becoming a pain.

Think if i was to get another VU+ i'd go for an original. Clones are fine providing you don't have any issues and don't have to send them back to China but if you do....then it starts becoming a pain.

Given that the price difference between clone and original on the vu is not too much i would go for an original as well, were as the dream original price to clone is much larger and the se clone is a far better problem free clone than the vu clones if i was buying a clone it would be the se

ive got duo original as my main box, im looking for a solo or a uno..as a second box,have to be original, thought i had one from a member on here but turned out to be a complete time waster..even sent him the money and after nearly 3 weeks got my money back..could name and shame him, but i got my money back..know anyone selling a solo or uno at a reasonable price ?....was about to get a brand new one from wos.....for £175

ive got duo original as my main box, im looking for a solo or a uno..as a second box,have to be original, thought i had one from a member on here but turned out to be a complete time waster..even sent him the money and after nearly 3 weeks got my money back..could name and shame him, but i got my money back..know anyone selling a solo or uno at a reasonable price ?....was about to get a brand new one from wos.....for £175

Name and shame m8 as he could waste other peoples time or worse.
brand new from wos gives you warranty so thats the wise choice

OK same thing has happened again tonight. I have just put BH image 1.7.2 but starts uo to VU+ Duo on LCD display and restarts again and keeps doing this in a loop.
Any ideas or is this box looking goosed!! Not having any luck with these clones!

Your only other option now is to try and flash an .nfi image to the box instead, the 0.7 official image is in nfi format from VU's website you will of course need a Null Modem cable

Here is the Link for the .nfi image Archive of Vu+

Once done and your box boots ok then you can flash a third party image again via USB hopefully this should cure it.

Your only other option now is to try and flash an .nfi image to the box instead, the 0.7 official image is in nfi format from VU's website you will of course need a Null Modem cable

Here is the Link for the .nfi image Archive of Vu+

Once done and your box boots ok then you can flash a third party image again via USB hopefully this should cure it.

Thanks for this mate.
Just to confirm... is it "vuplus-image-bm750-20120203012328.nfi" that I require? Also what software do you use to flash it with ie transfer the .nfi over with using the null cable?

Thanks for this mate.
Just to confirm... is it "vuplus-image-bm750-20120203012328.nfi" that I require? Also what software do you use to flash it with ie transfer the .nfi over with using the null cable?

Thats the correct image bm750 you will need the Vu+ Util

Attachments

• vu-util_v2.0.1.zip
    1,017.1 KB · Views: 9
Thanks again mate. Will give it a try when i get home later.

Quick update.... tried using the USB version from Archive of VU+ and that went on, started up and then went to download plugins and then it restarted again. So made me think I wonder if it may be over heating as the fan is not running correctly. I have opened the box up and put my own image back on and made sure the fan is now spinning when the box is powered on and its at leasts started up and now watching from it so its got further than it was last night.
I know Johnny bravo had issues with his fan so at the moment its looking like I might have an issue with mine as I have replaced it.

I had an issue something similar to yours, it turned out one of the cables (think it was the sata) was touching the inside of the case. This was causing some kind of short circuit on boot up.

Back