VU+ Solo2 Vu solo2 se stuck on black hole screen

romo1988

Inactive User
Reaction score
Pretty new to all of this, can someone guide me on how to reflash this box? I don't fully understand mcu flash tool use etc... any help greatly appreciated

Power Off Receiver
Format a USB stick, format FAT32
Download the image you want to use and extract the vuplus folder
Copy the vuplus folder to root of your USB stick
Put the USB into the USB slot of the receiver
Power on the receiver look at the front display, when you see "press power button" touch the BLUE power touch sensitive button on left
Wait for the flash to complete, the box with then start to reboot
remove usb

Hey mate, cheers for trying to help, but the problem is that box wont take this flash via usb..

Its a Vu+ Solo2 SE clone box I have, i think i have 'bricked' it..... everytime i turn it on i just get the blackhole screen, have tried using a couple of different image downloads and nothing....just sits at Blackhole....i read somewhere i need to recover using rs 232 cable....which i have.... but i don't understand the procedure in which i go through to recover.... Plus i cant get a download for this MCU flash tool....

does this make sense to you?

Thanks

You haven't bricked it if you can see BH bootlogo screen.

I also personally recommend that you don't use v4 flash update - at least just yet.

Please tell me what image version(s) you have tried and type of clone it was designed for?

Last edited:
what I did initially was got the box up and going, then put in cccam file...then tried putting on a skin called frankensky into my tmp folder and loading it up, then on reboot it just freezes at my Blackhole screen.... then from there I have been trying to 'flash' it using a couple of diff images, but nothing happens....I took one of them of a forum, then the other of vu-hd. com, nothing happening.

Does this help?

If I was to ftp my box again and remove frankensky folder would it work? it was apparently only for vix....my box is on pli 4 I think

just tried connecting it back up to network but no ip address is available for the vu+solo2 se, therefore obviously cant ftp and remove :Chainsaw:

How to flash (Taken courtesy from another forum):-

1) Prepare a USB stick, format FAT32.
2) Download the image you would like to use, extract the vuplus folder.
3) Copy the vuplus folder to root of your USB stick.
4) Connect to VU+ Solo2 front usb slot.
5) Power on then touch the BLUE circles to the left of the front panel. This is the touch sensitive power button.
6) Wait for the flashing process to complete and automatically reboot. DO NOT POWER OFF DURING THE FLASHING PROCESS!

The Solo2 has a display on front and you're prompted when to press power button but with a Solo2 SE you don't get a front display so if you're too quick or too slow you miss the correct time to press the power button to start the flashing process so try a few times.

tried couple diff ones yeah... I turn off box, put usb in front, hit rocker switch then put finger over touch sensitive button for 10 secs but still goes to BH screen

got it guys!! found cleared instructions on how to use flash tool, completed and then did flash using vu-hd. com web downloads for openpli 4 and jobs a good un!! nightmare but least I know now,

now does anyone know where I can download a clone safe slyhd style skin for openpli4??

To the best of my knowledge, there is only that skin you previously mentioned that works with openpli.

I believe v2.5 is latest (well it was a couple of months ago :) )

got it guys!! found cleared instructions on how to use flash tool, completed and then did flash using vu-hd. com web downloads for openpli 4 and jobs a good un!! nightmare but least I know now,

now does anyone know where I can download a clone safe slyhd style skin for openpli4??

This worked on Openpli on my duo2 but that was a recent build of openpli so use at your own discretion.

There maybe a newer version but ive not tested it and would never recommend anything id not tested.

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-skin-frankensky-night-mod-rc_01.06.15_all.rar
    5.2 MB · Views: 1
This worked on Openpli on my duo2 but that was a recent build of openpli so use at your own discretion.

There maybe a newer version but ive not tested it and would never recommend anything id not tested.

I still cant download anything from the site, so I cant access that download you have posted at present, is there a step by step on how to put it onto box also? is it just as simple as dropping an ipk file into the tmp folder when you ftp the box, or what is the part I have read regarding the renderers and converters also? I just don't want my box to poop itself again

I still cant download anything from the site, so I cant access that download you have posted at present, is there a step by step on how to put it onto box also? is it just as simple as dropping an ipk file into the tmp folder when you ftp the box, or what is the part I have read regarding the renderers and converters also? I just don't want my box to poop itself again

Try download now you may have to logout and back in.

This is a IPK install so on Openpli

FTP the file to the tmp folder
The Menu-Plugin-Software manager

And install the local ipk file from there.

I will give it a whirl in a couple of hours mate,4 month baby girl screaming at me about sore gums here, appreciate your response.

Standby for a happy ending!!

- - - Updated - - -

one more thing should I do a back up of my box to usb before hand? all I have done it sorted out autobouquets maker ....and put in line... im assuming a back up will reflash all of these settings also?

I will give it a whirl in a couple of hours mate,4 month baby girl screaming at me about sore gums here, appreciate your response.

Standby for a happy ending!!

- - - Updated - - -

one more thing should I do a back up of my box to usb before hand? all I have done it sorted out autobouquets maker ....and put in line... im assuming a back up will reflash all of these settings also?

It might be a good idea to backup given skins have corrupted your image before.

Do a full image backup easy to return to then.

It might be a good idea to backup given skins have corrupted your image before.

Do a full image backup easy to return to then.

I have just used ftp to copy ipk file from download and pasted it in tmp folder of box.... then installed from local extension, but I cant find the skin after it says installed with 0 errors? I went to set up - system - skin....only has default and pli HD there? any ideas?

I have just used ftp to copy ipk file from download and pasted it in tmp folder of box.... then installed from local extension, but I cant find the skin after it says installed with 0 errors? I went to set up - system - skin....only has default and pli HD there? any ideas?

No mate tbh strange without been on your build of openpli its hard to say.

You could try a telnet install with the opkg update command just in case the skin need dependencies .

wouldn't know where to start on that, surely the skin should appear in that menu once placed in tmp folder.

telnet aint as hard as it sounds mate with a programme called putty :)
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Back