Vu Solo clone Problem!

redunited

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, just looking for a little advice.

Have myself a Vu Solo Clone, everything was great until I started playing around with it!

It is a Blue LED Version and it was able to use any image, however I decided to reload the bootloaders, (Dont Know Why I was just trying out different things) and ever since then the highest firmware I can upgrade to is BH 1.75 or Vix 2.0.

I was using the latest VIX, and the latest BH untill I messes with the bootloaders and now the unit just hangs if I try and upgrade higher than the firmwares mentioned.

I think Ive deleted the security patch for the latest kernel 3.11 and because im trying to use the origional kernel it clearly wont load, but because its a clone I dont know how or where to get the patched version for my box.

I dont think its Ferrari because from what I read they dont make the blue led clones so im stumped as to what to do!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi all, just looking for a little advice.

Have myself a Vu Solo Clone, everything was great until I started playing around with it!

It is a Blue LED Version and it was able to use any image, however I decided to reload the bootloaders, (Dont Know Why I was just trying out different things) and ever since then the highest firmware I can upgrade to is BH 1.75 or Vix 2.0.

I was using the latest VIX, and the latest BH untill I messes with the bootloaders and now the unit just hangs if I try and upgrade higher than the firmwares mentioned.

I think Ive deleted the security patch for the latest kernel 3.11 and because im trying to use the origional kernel it clearly wont load, but because its a clone I dont know how or where to get the patched version for my box.

I dont think its Ferrari because from what I read they dont make the blue led clones so im stumped as to what to do!

Thanks in advance for any help.

only speculating as not sure at all but maybe when you installed the bootloader it deleted the old one and thats why you cant use newer images. Maybe try fresh install of an older image and then re try the latest bootloader for your box and then try a new image again. As i said only speculation but worth a try

only speculating as not sure at all but maybe when you installed the bootloader it deleted the old one and thats why you cant use newer images. Maybe try fresh install of an older image and then re try the latest bootloader for your box and then try a new image again. As i said only speculation but worth a try

Hi there, thanks for your help. I tried what you said but it still didn't work. Same issue as before hangs on boot with newer images.

you ever get this sorted mate?

Hi there,

Never got it sorted.

I was even able to install the latest official Rev 7 firmware from Vu+ but as soon as I tried to install the latest image from BH or Vix the same issue occurred.

Ive just left it on BH 1.75 for now.

Its quite a strange think considering it was already loading up the latest images before I messed about with the boot loaders, because its a Blue LED version I cant find any forum that knows about these versions on the clone solo.

The Blue LED version clones are just that Clones from another factory and not ferrari ones, the reason yours worked with newer images is probably due to the flash chip inside which on the ferrari needed upgrading from V2.0 to V3.2 to use newer images past 1.7.5.

The Clone bootloader was only released for the ferrari version of the clone receivers as far as i am aware there was never a release for the Other version clones as they did not need it.

The Blue LED version clones are just that Clones from another factory and not ferrari ones, the reason yours worked with newer images is probably due to the flash chip inside which on the ferrari needed upgrading from V2.0 to V3.2 to use newer images past 1.7.5.

The Clone bootloader was only released for the ferrari version of the clone receivers as far as i am aware there was never a release for the Other version clones as they did not need it.

Sounds like he messed up the box for newer images then, but thats good for others to know, dont update bootloader on blue led boxes as it seems to overwrite something that makes new firmware work

Why don't you ask your supplier to see if they can provide any files that you might need to get the back back to the way it was?

youve probably overwritten whatever patched clone bootloader the box was using to bypass the anti-clone measures on the reciever.
As above contact your supplier of manufaucturer for the files, software and procedure to reflash the patches.

Ferrari has a new image BH 2.0.1 which works with clones V2

sinky

Back