Vu Solo 4k Astra UHD demo screen shots

kegnkiwi

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have just taken a couple of screen dumps of the astra uhd demo channel on astra 28.2e using vu solo 4k. Pictures are dropped down to 1080p as my tv is not 4k but it still looks impressive.

Attachments

• astra uhd.jpg
    astra uhd.jpg
    662.1 KB · Views: 15
  • astra uhd-1.jpg
    astra uhd-1.jpg
    626.5 KB · Views: 12
I'm installing a 4K TV for a customer next week. One of those curved efforts by LG. It has a built-in sat tuner so I'll pop one of the tails in & see how it looks. I reckon the SkyHD box will look pants after that!

I think sky hd box are pants I was viewing itv 2hd the other day on both skyhd and on my solo 4k and the picture quality between the two is very noticable the colours are much more vibrant on the solo 4k.

UK hd is pants.

I watched HD channels on DE and turks at and you can see the difference.

Traditional standards should do them for selling shitty clone HD

I'm installing a 4K TV for a customer next week. One of those curved efforts by LG. It has a built-in sat tuner so I'll pop one of the tails in & see how it looks. I reckon the SkyHD box will look pants after that!

Just to let you know that I have a 4K lg tv and it is not a present able to View the 4K demo channel via built in tuner..on my model at least..
I contacted LG about this and they said that they will put out a update to software when there are more 4K broadcasts..bit fecking daft if you ask me..

- - - Updated - - -

I have just taken a couple of screen dumps of the astra uhd demo channel on astra 28.2e using vu solo 4k. Pictures are dropped down to 1080p as my tv is not 4k but it still looks impressive.

Been watching on my lg 4K telly via my solo 4K and it blew me away the quality is incredible..watched it on loop for hours...

Full on 4K...

Sorry about the layout been using iPad to post...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    720.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    739.5 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    817.4 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    850.6 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    861.5 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    961.8 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    899.6 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    611.8 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    934.9 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    818.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up @AJT, I won't do it in front of the customer now- save a red face at least!

I think sky hd box are pants I was viewing itv 2hd the other day on both skyhd and on my solo 4k and the picture quality between the two is very noticable the colours are much more vibrant on the solo 4k.

$ky boxes are crippled without a doubt, a TM5402HD beats them hands down too- even on FTA channels. I wonder how good $ky's 4K efforts will be.... But it doesn't matter of course, the brain-washed millions will get sucked in anyway.

Thanks for the heads-up @AJT, I won't do it in front of the customer now- save a red face at least!

Your model may work.not sure if it's all 4K models..

Last edited by a moderator:
Your model may work.not sure if it's all 4K models..

It was bought in Portugal! (Europe's dumping ground for stuff no one else wants!) so I doubt it somehow. I'll try it on the QT & report back.....

Done some proper screen shots using webif..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a samsung 4k tv and this picks up the astra 4k demo
I think the tv needs the hevc Codec
Also plays 4k netflix and amazon prime :)
Picture quality is outstanding

Posted using Tapatalk

Mine has the HEVC Codec with hdmi 2.2 no problem streaming 4K YouTube or Netflix or viewing 4K content via 4K sat box but it only has sound on the 4K demo channel via inbuilt sat tuner..LG say it will get an update to enable 4K content via the tuner when there are 4K channels proper which is a bit daft if you ask me why not just sort it now..

I have a samsung 4k tv and this picks up the astra 4k demo
I think the tv needs the hevc Codec
Also plays 4k netflix and amazon prime :)
Picture quality is outstanding

Posted using Tapatalk
Which telly?

I believe the LG models the 950V and the 960V with inbuilt sat tuner can decode the UHD Astra test broadcast from Astra 28.2° east, possibly some other models i know 99% of the samsung 4K UHD TV's will show the Test channels no problem

i have brought the Samsung UE48JU6500 connected to my genuine dreambox 500HD still not got around to exploring it

Back