vu+ solo 2 or technomate tm 2t

IMO Vix is easier as everything is accessable/setup from main menu

Blackhole is also a good image tho

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Great. That seems to be the general feeling. A mate has black hole and loves it. But I jsut want the easy life!

Ive just bought a Solo2 and use Vix on it. Im a newcomer to the scene and Vix really makes thing easy IMO

just got mine, so far so good. looking for some good plugins. o im running vix. hope you like yours.

Guys, I have just ordered the Solo2. Is there any real difference between VIX and Blackhole? im after ease of use and a good EPG. Im pretty pretty basic user

image is personal choice try vix,open pli and blackhole and see which one you prefere... vix seems to require less setting up regards mdt

my vu+solo 2 finally arrived and set up with vix. i'm very impressed by the speed etc.
i would like to thank all for the comments

digging deeper into these solo2 I was interested in the streaming capabilties of these stbs is it true you can not stream (transcode)without the picture stuttering from the main tv. @digidude is it true it can not use both cores if it is they have keep that quite which is the the forum your banned from is that the best place to get info.

regards
Coley

A "newbie" posting.... I was very new to this a few days ago and purchased the Solo 2, and use VIX. Never used before and with the "auto" setup and auto bouquet could not have been easier. In answer to the streaming from webif interface - no stutter what so ever and very intuitive if a "tuner" is in use - you can get the other channels on that frequency as wel as what you have going on the tuner already! Hope this helps

Its more the transcoding of the vid and audio stream I really wanted to when you stream to your pc you dont need to do this but however if you want to send over the internet you need to transcode. Another couple of question while were on the job does the keypad not work for entering text on the screen also if you only have one lnb do you have to link feed a to b how would this be done

Good point - I didn't transcode on the box, just used the VLC plugin on pc, so would need to test. Not sure what you mean by the keypad I am afraid - I have a standard remote. In trems of a single LNB feed, I ran the Vu+ Solo 2 tuner in "auto" mode and the web interface / TV co-operate - you have to elect to "zap" to take the feed from one or the other if local or remote. I started with single tuner thats how I know, have two lnb feeds now. Hope this helps -I am really only starting at this

Thats great thanks for the reply, these boxes look really good before I decide to get one or not I just like to know whats what

NP - sorry I could not be of more help. I am very new to this but the Solo 2 could not have been easier, and performance is rockin, take care

Just bought VU+ Solo 2....This is the only box to buy. Have Amico Alien 2 and it out classes it in very way. VIX image runs perfect on it with no hassle in any way

i've been using vix since i got the solo. runs smooth and easy to work around. love it

Back