VU+DUO2 VFD Display Problems

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys like many others having problems with my duo2 display.I have sort of sorted out the LCD and will leave it for now but the main problem is the other display.
The VFD display is very milky looks like it is bleaching out kind of out of focus has any one got any remedy's for this.
I have tried all the available set ups from vix feeds but all display in the same poor out of focus quality
Many thanks
AJT

From what ive read is that the vfd on the duo2 is of very poor quality
anyway. I dont have one its just what ive read...

From what ive read is that the vfd on the duo2 is of very poor quality
anyway. I dont have one its just what ive read...

Its terrible.I will be sending the box back..its alot of money to be having a front display that's out of focus and bleaching out..

Can you open it up without breaking warranty seals? It would be interesting to look at the electrolytics in the power supply, see if there are any sick (bulging) ones.

Mines like that also never bothered me tbh the LCD id more than enough I wish there was a way to turn the VFD off.

My first impression was 2 screens looked tacky.

Very poor show from vu+ it's supposed to be a premium 'next gen' receiver I expected everything to be of high quality

Mines like that also never bothered me tbh the LCD id more than enough I wish there was a way to turn the VFD off.

My first impression was 2 screens looked tacky.

Theres is just turn brightness to nothing= no display.How you got your LCD set up.I have had a real good olay with it and settled on full picon.

A little different to your I have the CPU temp etc displayed too.

Attachments

• lcd4config.rar
    566 bytes · Views: 19
Sorry about that mate there is a problem with small files on main forum.

I can upload it to downloads when I get home for som reason they work from there.

No worries mate sort it when your ready and i will give it a look,Thanks for trying..I just have a picon there at mo.
I have played with it for hours.i have a couple of configs myself.At least it is nice and easy to install the config

Last edited:
when I was reading a few revews it sed the display screen was not as good as the silo2 screens hope u sorted it regards simon u think for what there cost there would be a good screen

I sometimes think I should of gone for the solo2 rather than the duo2 due to its poor displays the only thing keeping me sane with my decision is a know ill need the extra tuner slot in the not too distant future.

I sometimes think I should of gone for the solo2 rather than the duo2 due to its poor displays the only thing keeping me sane with my decision is a know ill need the extra tuner slot in the not too distant future.

Yep with you on that one mate got rid of mine only today.. going back to the nicer looking solo2.
let me know if you want to get rid will have a buyer.

Yep with you on that one mate got rid of mine only today.. going back to the nicer looking solo2.
let me know if you want to get rid will have a buyer.

I need the extra tuner slot mate that is the only reason im sticking with it but ill advice everyone now to go with the solo2.

I need the extra tuner slot mate that is the only reason im sticking with it but ill advice everyone now to go with the solo2.

Yes,I have even tried the gigablue quad but i still was not happy.i was fooled by the 1300 mips thinking its the same as solo2 but its not as solo2 and duo2 are dual core.

Back