VU+ Duo

I'd advise getting a decent USB stick aswell mate as you can store epg data onto it aswell as the channel logos (picons to be displayed on the info bar) and set the box to pause live tv and save it onto the USB stick (timeshift) the benefit of doing this is it stops the hdd from having to spin and access all the time which will obviously slow things down and shorten the hdd's life when it's doing so as instead it'll be accessing the USB drive

Sent from my telephone.

where the best place to get a original Vu+duo from? i keep seeing www.sat-shop advertised all over the place for them but never heard of them and dont know if they are reliable source or not.. if anyonce would recommend a seller for the Vu+duo would be appreciated.

i dont wanna pay £270 ish from an unknown or non recommended supplier and end up receiving a clone at original price lol .

are the Vu+duo just as easy as a dreambox in terms of setting up from new?

I have had a Dreambox 800HD (I also had a clone VU+ Duo for a few months). I now run a real/legit VU+ Duo I bought mine from HiSat based in North Wales.

well my box arrived today.. so im not gonna have the joy of setting it up..

it should be preloaded with blackhole image.

what programme should i use for the ftp into the box and i assume i need to load cams? and then enter a cline?

VU control centre its nice and easy to use. I use it for my Duo also a Dreambox

are there any channel listings / gui that have a preview window of the channel? (bit like skys?

im sure im missing something here im going into menu / plugins/ TSPanel

then selecting one of the sources and going to channel listings for eg i selected cool tv guide v5.62

do these channel listings also come with their own gui or should the gui be the same white text black box with "BH channel selection tv"
i thought the gui should be changing, ive reset the box and i dont see anything different? ?

cool tv guide is for the epg as far as i know not for actual channelslist or listings and for this to actualy work you will have to setup some way to get a multi day epg by pressing the BLUE and then the RED button go in to settings first and choose a path for the epg to be save (a usb stick in the back would be best) then choose your download source i use rytec.uk al the time
once you have this done when watching a channel press the epg and then you can choose single or multi epg ,from here you could set recordings and ect.

i just found that if on a tv channel and i press and hold the blue button it bring up "cool multi guide"
which has a preview of the tv channel im watching in the top left corner and has the channel logo down the LH side and the time slots scrolling across the top which i can use the > on the remote to scroll across

this is pretty much what i wanted however only a few channels actually have the programmes populated the other channels are just black. and is there a way to put this into the main tv guide (ie when presing up arrow on the remote when watching a channel to bring up channel list)

i got the 7 day planner now..

so does everyone use "cool tv guide " or are there other alternatives out there?

also is there a way so when u press "EPG" button on the remote it will take you to the "cool tv guide" rather than the BH egp selection ?

i think the vix images have something like that from what i heard i never tried the vix images yet but it's supposed to be more like the sly box if that's what your looking for, there is one here VU+ Duo Images - Downloads - Digital World Forums you could try out make sure to do a full back up of your image first before you start trying out others in case you don't like them you can just reload your old one,because apart from your channellist you will have to start from scratch again or you could google for already full backed up images for astra 28.2

i may give it a go...
i assume from menu i just go "blackhole full backup" how do i go about loading vix on. can i do it over ftp or need memory stick?

i may give it a go...
i assume from menu i just go "blackhole full backup" how do i go about loading vix on. can i do it over ftp or need memory stick?

you will need a usb stick unpack the vix image and put on root.
after you've done the full back up of the one you have switch of the vu at the back put in the usb and switch back on and folow the guide on the vu screen usually press the "-" when the vu detects the new image

Back