VU+ Duo

grantsmith82

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI all i was looking into getting a dreambox however after another forum member suggesting the Vu+duo i think these maybe more suitable for me.

i hear the clones have a reputation for being not as reliable (faulty PSUs?) so maybe i should get an original

can someone tell me what a rough price is for an original (and a clone) and maybe PM me somewhere reliable and well priced that i can purchase from
ideally UK based or maybe europe.

thanks

your probably looking at around £170 delivered for a Clone from china and i have seen an offer for the Duo from somewhere else for £269, personally for the price difference now an original is probably better due to the recent problems with the PSU's on the clone units. I owned a clone and never had a single problem with it but it was one of the first ones and so did not have an iffy PSU.

The original Duo's will come down in price again shortly more than likely due to the recent announcement of the Solo2 and Duo2

your probably looking at around £170 delivered for a Clone from china and i have seen an offer for the Duo from somewhere else for £269, personally for the price difference now an original is probably better due to the recent problems with the PSU's on the clone units. I owned a clone and never had a single problem with it but it was one of the first ones and so did not have an iffy PSU.

The original Duo's will come down in price again shortly more than likely due to the recent announcement of the Solo2 and Duo2
Totally agree with this.

Bought one of the recent Duo clone. Broke after 24hrs.

The price of the genuine Duos should also go down over next few weeks for reason mentioned above.

The price of the genuine Duos should also go down over next few weeks for reason mentioned above.

I would not bet your house on that, I also assumed it to be the case but i have also been informed that Vu have or are very soon to cease production of the solo and Duo thus reducing the already limited stock of these receivers in the run up to the release of the new lines which are expected at the end of the year.

where the best place to get a original Vu+duo from? i keep seeing www.sat-shop advertised all over the place for them but never heard of them and dont know if they are reliable source or not.. if anyonce would recommend a seller for the Vu+duo would be appreciated.

i dont wanna pay £270 ish from an unknown or non recommended supplier and end up receiving a clone at original price lol .

are the Vu+duo just as easy as a dreambox in terms of setting up from new?

I would not bet your house on that, I also assumed it to be the case but i have also been informed that Vu have or are very soon to cease production of the solo and Duo thus reducing the already limited stock of these receivers in the run up to the release of the new lines which are expected at the end of the year.
No intention of placing house on this m8 :)
If Vuplus have started production of the Duo2 , as I'm sure they have if its going to be on the shelves shortly, then the final Duo's will have been made and stores will be trying to shift stock, as the sales figures can't be great on their current units. They need to get rid.
Vuplus may be a known quantity with people on forums like this, but they are an unknown quantity for a normal punter. I.e they don't have the marque value that Dreambox do.
Plus the Uno is out there. Its quicker, cheaper (even than the cheapest current sale price of the Duo), better looking, more memory, and has flexibility on tuner config. OK its only got the single tuner but this will change later in the year.
I still think the prices will come down further to shift final Duo stocks .
YMMV.

Last edited:
looks pretty amazing any idea of prices yet and are the tuners like on the uno and Ultimo or are they fixed ?

looks pretty amazing any idea of prices yet and are the tuners like on the uno and Ultimo or are they fixed ?

From the Pics the Solo2 tuners look to be fixed but the Duo2 are plug&play which with the release of the dual tuner would make this a Quad tuner if needed.

I reckon that the Duo2 is going to between £400 and £500 so by no means cheap. If you look on Amazon.de there are various suppliers selling original Duos for 299 Euros.

Quick question all as vu duo is twin tuner if I took out a subscription cline do I need 2 as dual tuner or just the single cline?

Quick question all as vu duo is twin tuner if I took out a subscription cline do I need 2 as dual tuner or just the single cline?

Not something you can talk about on here due to the rules you will find your answer from your supplier so to speak

I must admit the almighty vu+ ultimo's tuner is nothing to write home about compared to my Tm5402HD..so sad.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

well ive done it...
purchased Vu+ Duo box with 500gb HDD. should get it tomorrow it comes with blackhole image installed.

one subscription should work fine

You should be careful and inform your supplier as if you make a lot of use of the dual tuner it could like you are running 2 boxes due to the number of requests and most suppliers will cut you off without notice.

Yes, a lot of servers claim it's an automatic script that will instantly ban you no questions but I don't know if such a thing actually exists

Sent from my telephone.

You should be careful and inform your supplier as if you make a lot of use of the dual tuner it could like you are running 2 boxes due to the number of requests and most suppliers will cut you off without notice.
that's a load of cr*p i have been using c-lines for many years on twin tuners and never had a complaint or got cut off your box still only logs in once with one "client node id" wich gives you access to the server the same as a single tuner box recording a channel watching an other on the same transponder

Back