Vu + Duo Remote Control Setup up Function For TV

segel

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm looking through my manual page 63, and it has a setup sequence for TV settings.

1. TV setting
Set-up Sequence: <<1 + 3>>, <4digit brand-code>, <<Mute or Power>>
1. Press number 1and 3 for three seconds until LED is on.
2. Find your TV brand-code from the TV code list and insert 4 digit code.
- If you press “0000”, Full Automatic Scan will start. This will take a while.
3. Keep pressing Mute button (or Power) until your TV is muted (or turned off)
4. If your TV is muted (or turned off), stop pressing Mute button.
5. Now, your RCU is in test mode and press Volume + /- to check if your TV responds.
6. If the volume buttons are operational, Press <OK + STOP ( )> to escape from the set-up mode

I have no LED on my Duo remote but continue with sequence and when Duo reboots after holding the power button, I test the volume buttons to see if TV responds.... Duo volume (Not TV volume) is operational so press <OK + STOP>.

Does the guide mean, that when you test, when RCU is meant to be in test mode, by pressing volume, if I get a response which I always do, then remote is tuned/done regardless of time spent searching tuning as soon as the Duo reboots I press volume straight away and it's operational, I must being doing something wrong as control doesn't seam to have tuned to the TV to me.

Can anyone offer some input here?

Cheers,

You need a newer type remote from what I understand, so if the top left button on the remote doesn't have a light in it then the remote can't control the TV.

If you look in ebay at the remotes for a Duo you'll see what I mean, some the remotes will have a normal black button top left, others will have a ligher coloured button, it is these remotes that can be set to control a TV.

Thanks for the info mate, I brought the box brand new in April/May from World Of Satellite, you would think it would of come with a newer remote, considering that the manual gives instructions for the newer remote.

Last edited:
Mute, do you know whether they was meant to ship the new remote if I brought the Receiver around that date? I'm wondering whether they swapped them out, or the box was just old stock!

Cheers,

Attachments

• Vu Remote.JPG
    Vu Remote.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 38
That's the old one, why don't you ask them, say that you were expecting the new style remote and see what they say.

I got the same remote but I bought mine ages ago, didnt know there was a new one might have to look on ebay.

Hmmm. £24 might just stick to the one I got lol

Last edited:
segal, you do know that if your TV supports HDMI-CEC then the Duo can control some functions of the TV, so for example you can set it to control the volume on the TV using the volume buttons on the Duo remote, you can also set it to put the TV into standby and wake up when the Duo is put into standby and woken up.

My LG tv goes into standby when I turn my Duo of but thats about it. Still better than nothing. I think the HDMI-CEC plugin generally works better with Samsung and Sony from what I read.

My TV doesn't support Volume keys either, but all the other options are quite handy.

Back