Vu+ duo has arrived

charlie senator

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered it yesterday afternoon and it arrived at lunchtime today.Now thats what i call service and a good price to £375.

Anyway i've got it up and running on Dream Elite image and i've only ever used Pli images before so it's taking me a while to find my way around.

One thing i'm having trouble with is the password in Dcc. I know your supposed to just leave it blank for the Vu but it doesn't work.
Dreamboxedit has no problems with ftp so can anyone tell me how i can edit Cccam with Dbedit ?
When i download the files from the box i just get a channel list

Use a program like putty to telnet into your box. It does not need a password to gain access to telnet. Telnet in and type passwrd, then change the password and then dcc will allow you to ftp into the box.

I just tried putty mate and when i type passwrd (enter) i get

Password = |
and it wont let me enter anything

Am i doing it wrong ?

Make sure you login first with putty,
then follow instructions above ;)

and I think the command is actually passwd

Type the password you want and press return, it may not look like your inputting anything in but try it. See what happens.

Ok just checked on dm800 try passwd not passwrd.

Ok i nearly got it. Then the mrs asked me to pass the remote control and it timed out !!!
I used the telnet in Dcc and it said something like
Ok to change password
password weak enter new password
so i entered another password and it said it didn't match Doh
My fault i should have re entered the password i changed it to.
I'll give it a few minutes and try again

yep it depends on the image, on the tm800 its takes two attemtps as it has asked you on dm800 its one I think. Your just about there make sure both passwords match. Ps why do you need the remote controle do it all via the pc.

ki

Remote control ?
What i'm trying to do is edit the Cccam config
I dont know if you can do it with dreamboxedit .I've allways used Dcc to do it

Ok guys i've done it at last
How can something so simple turn into a nightmare ? lol
Thanks for your help guys

Sorry mate some confusion, to alter your cccam.cfg its dreambox control centre, dcc. in enigma2 its found in /ect.

Glad your sorted m8,
by the way I use filezilla for all FTP jobs.

I've sorted it with my cline for now but i've got some other questions on the config files that i'll ask later when i'm not so tired ... or drunk lol

You need to enter all your IP adresses and connect, then go to the telnet tab and type in "passwd" enter then enter your new password but use a capital lowercase and numbers to create your password then you will be asked to re-enter password, enter it again press enter. Go back to the configuration tab/network type in your new password then it should let you into the FTP tab to edit your Ccam config.

hi

i have installed a VIX Image but can someone inform me how I can add the cline on this image?

im unsure on the exact steps...a little stuck on how to ftp and steps involved?

Thanks

goto plugins, then green button to download plugins (it didnt show downloads right away for me) then install cccam (which ever you want, if your just a client then go for 2.1.4)

this will install the bin file, you will then need to ftp a cccam.cfg file over to /etc/ with your cline in.

check liams post for nice configs.

when you say if you are a client use cccam 2.1.4 are you saying you would use a different version if you are the server?

Back