vu+duo clone passes authenticity test ?

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi - can a vu+duo clone pass the vu+due authentcity verification ?..im sure ive got a clone, but when i enter the serial number in the "return to love " event of my genuine duo it says its a genuine box..

hi - can a vu+duo clone pass the vu+due authentcity verification ?..im sure ive got a clone, but when i enter the serial number in the "return to love " event of my genuine duo it says its a genuine box..

maybe the clone has a copy of an original serial number as ive got 2 solo clones and they both have the same serial number on the box, cant check the stb,s as one isnt here but both boxs have the same number but different mac addresses. regards mdt

ffs..i bought this today, thinking it was real, as i done the check and it passed....looks like ill have to pay the bloke a visit tommorrow, mind you it does work exacltly like my genuine duo..however have notice a few things..

1. the fan is constantly on,,,very annoying even in standby mode and even in DEEP STANBY...fan settings seem to have no effect..
2.only blackhole 1.7.5 image can be installed no higher version
3. the HDMI-CEC setup doesnt seem to work, as my genuine one, where when i turn the tv off the the vu goes into standy mode, but not with this clone v2 one..

the latter two i can live with but fooking fan is doing my head in...specially when there is a quiet scene on the tv..

Last edited:
ffs..i bought this today, thinking it was real, as i done the check and it passed....looks like ill have to pay the bloke a visit tommorrow, mind you it does work exacltly like my genuine duo..however have notice a few things..

1. the fan is constantly on,,,very annoying even in standby mode and even in DEEP STANBY...fan settings seem to have no effect..
2.only blackhole 1.7.5 image can be installed no higher version
3. the HDMI-CEC setup doesnt seem to work, as my genuine one, where when i turn the tv off the the vu goes into standy mode, but not with this clone v2 one..

the latter two i can live with but fooking fan is doing my head in...specially when there is a quiet scene on the tv..

defo a clone mate, the image gives it away if nothing else. If you dont want to give it back to the guy you got it off then you can pick up a near silent fan of ebay for under 5

ok...but first im gonna try to get my money back, im not to keen on clones..due to failed power supplies and maybe a fire hazard...it looks like the genuine thing, passed the validity check, but like the poster above said..its a cloned serial number as well..

My vu DUO v2 clone. Switches the fan off in standby and the hdmi cec works..this is with a vix image, also tested with a open pli image.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

@gsmtech..can you give me a link for this vix image please...ta...does it have to be a certain build, ie the image..?

Yeah they need to be a build which includes older drivers prior to the anti clone measures. I use an older image version is 2.3 GM , I think I already uploaded it in the downloads section a while ago.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ok guys update didnt like vix image...went back to good old blackhole 1.7.5, good news , the HDMI-CEC does in fact work, and also the fan does switch off in stanby mode, must have been some settings somewhere...im just waiting for the new fractual fan to arrive...to be honest it works just like the original box, been reading that these have a much newer psu unit....can someone confirm that ?

Depends really when you got the box or rather when the seller got the box. I've heard that the newer PSUs have an extra capacitor, will see if I can get a pic.

I was under the impression that the V2.0 sticker just meant that it had been preflashed with the latest kernel 3.1.1 and nothing to do with the PSU, Although if they have upgraded the PSU thats good news for new buyers

I was under the impression that the V2.0 sticker just meant that it had been preflashed with the latest kernel 3.1.1 and nothing to do with the PSU, Although if they have upgraded the PSU thats good news for new buyers

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I got my clone at the start of the year and mine has a v2 aticker, the supposed revised PSUs came out around 2 months or so ago.

Can you upload a picture taken from directly above the psu instead of from the side as it difficult to make any judgement from that pic.

Is that a 3.5 drive mate? Heard it makes the psu overwork, i would buy an enclosure for it and use it external, could save you buying a new psu in the long run. Mine is external for that reason, if i get a 2.5 itll go inside lol

yes it is m8...thought only 3.5 inch drives fitted duo unless you have special adaptor plate, also thought this was the only way to fit them ?

Back