vu+duo clone passes authenticity test ?

Nope...I use a Samsung spinpoint 2.5 inch laptop sata drive used cable ties to hold it down on the bracket. Doesn't move or cause vibration..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

so will this 3.5" drive of mine that i have cause issues?..im running bh 1.7.5 image on mine and i can see from the "BH system info" that my hdd temperature is 39 degrees, as it is not recording anything at the moment..thats with the lid off....still waiting for that fan to arrive..

so will this 3.5" drive of mine that i have cause issues?..im running bh 1.7.5 image on mine and i can see from the "BH system info" that my hdd temperature is 39 degrees, as it is not recording anything at the moment..thats with the lid off....still waiting for that fan to arrive..

I cant tell you from experience mate but ive been reading hundreds of pages over the last month or so and have read a few times that 2 most popular causes of the psu failing (aside from it being cheaper materials) is a 3.5 hard drive internal (causes extra power usage) and a motorized dish. You could try the above posts idea of cable ties, but if you want to use the 3.5 i recommend a 3.5 to usb enclosure for about 8 or 9 on ebay. Not an expert just getting this from what I read

i dont use a motorised dish, just fixed...to be honest i record very rarely, so i might even take the hard drive out..i just put it in so that i can see if it works in this clone and it does...ill probbaly take it out again, ive tried using a 32GB PNY usb memory stick, one of those micro usb things, ive formattedd it , mounted it can get epg to go to it, but cant record to it "no hard disk found"...any idea?

If you have mounted it to media/usb you need to change the recording path to the same in system,recording paths

If you have mounted it to media/usb you need to change the recording path to the same in system,recording paths

there is no option ro do that in system, record paths...there are 4 options there but none of them allow me to change to "media/usb"...

sorry double post...had to delete..lol

with mine i had to format and restart a few times before getting it to work, changed to hdd and restarted then back to menu and red button i think and perfect since

there is no option ro do that in system, record paths...there are 4 options there but none of them allow me to change to "media/usb"...
They will.... do this
Press menu,setup,system,recording paths, press ok on default movie location
if it says media/hdd in the bottom press blue to remove bookmark
now press bouquet + button(channel up on vu) to add bookmark
hi lite list of storage devices or parent directory in top window..press ok and browse until you see USB go down to it and it says media/usb at the top
dont press ok just leave it hi lighted
now press blue to add book mark, it should put media/usb in the bottom window
press green to save then green once again to save and that should be it.

Last edited:
ok think i found the solution....was this your post "fergalworld"...?....found on another forum..lol...it is YOU m8...thanks..:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

If you have mounted the usb to media/usb
Press menu,setup,system,recording paths, press ok on default movie location
if it says media/hdd in the bottom press blue to remove bookmark
now press bouquet + button to add bookmark
hi lite list of storage devices or parent directory in top window..press ok and browse until you see USB go down to it and it says media/usb at the top
dont press ok just leave it hi lighted
now press blue to add book mark, it should put media/usb in the bottom window
press green to save then green once again to save and that should be it.

ok recording works on usb....but when playying back the recording freezes, and very jittery and glitch...is it my usb stick ?

Yes most probably, try a different stick should be ok on sd channels though

you need a high speed usb device for this, i use class 10 micro SD cards in a mini adaptor with no problems

thanks guys...for your help...might just get a usb caddy for my 3.5ich 300gb WD hard drive....i did have the hard drive in the box, but someone said it causes the psu in my v2 clone to overheat...read about psu problems on these clones..as it works harder..lol, so just to be safe i removed it..

Last edited:
thanks guys...for your help...might just get a usb caddy for my 3.5ich 300gb WD hard drive....i did have the hard drive in the box, but someone said it causes the psu in my v2 clone to overheat...read about psu problems on these clones..as it works harder..lol, so just to be safe i removed it..
If the above is done using a external usb caddy and mounted to media/hdd or media/usb
does anyone know if the hdd will go into standby after the 10 minute default like it does when its internal using the sata lead provided or will it spin all the time?

the drive will be mounted as /usb

i think only the internal sata drive is 'spun down' but im not 100% sure

using mount manager, you may be able to mount an external usb drive as /hdd, then set it to spin down after xx mins, but, i have not tried this myself

using mount manager, you may be able to mount an external usb drive as /hdd, then set it to spin down after xx mins, but, i have not tried this myself
You can mount a external usb hdd caddy to media/hdd but i don't know if it spins down i forgot to check and don't have the box no more .

i dont know if itll spin down when ounting a usb drive as /hdd either m8, i dont think i explained it how i meant it lol ;)

hey guys could someone recommend a 3.5" external usb caddy from ebay ?...seen a few not sure which one...are they powered via the mains or usb ?..ta

hey guys could someone recommend a 3.5" external usb caddy from ebay ?...seen a few not sure which one...are they powered via the mains or usb ?..ta

all mains powered as their 3.5 mate any are good i go by sellers percentage. Can get one around 8-9 quid hope this helps

Back