VU+ Duo Clone Noob Help, flashed Vix 2.4.96 stuck in "Starting".

poxxxy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

First post i'm afraid so hi to everyone! Hopefully you might be able to help me. I received a VU+ Duo Clone today and didn't make a back up of the original image. I flashed Vix 2.4.96 from the recommended vuplushd.tv and tried setting everything up, but I couldn't get EPG to work without crashing and having tune failed messages when trying to view free to air channels.

I'm using a fixed sky mini-dish and attempting to tune to 28.2E (not sure if this is the right thing to do though), the signal strength is high but the SNR ratio is also near 99%. I'm not sure if this is good or bad.

Anyway... I ended up rebooting the vu+ duo box with my USB stick still present and flashing the firmware again. However this time its stuck in Starting mode and trying to read the usb if it is placed back in the unit.

I'm currently downloading a black hole image 1.7.3 to try, I however noticed this "secret chip update" on the above mentioned site. (sorry if link posting is not allowed, i'm not too sure at the moment. Please be kind and i'll make sure to check shortly). Should I have applied this before flashing the vix image?

Any help with the above issues i've been having would be greatly appreciated.

If there is a V2 sticker anywhere on the box it's ok to flash with any image on that site.

It is a V2, I managed to bring it back to life by flashing BH 1.7.3 and then putting Vix back on it... I managed to get Free To Air Signal on the Black Hole Image, however now on the Vix image, After downloading EPG (CrossEPG) and then opening the EPG, I get crashes. Random things every time. The EPG is completely blank also. When using Sat Finder the signal to noise ratio is now very low and no lock can be made on 28.2E. With the same settings using the Black Hole Image I was able to watch without problem. I really want to use Vix as the interface suits me much more. Any ideas what could be happening?

Got it working with a new satellites .xml file :).

Got it working with a new satellites .xml file :).

Hello guys,

I have the new v3 vu+duo clone. I also had to go on the vuplushd.tv website to install vix 2.4.96 as instructed by seller.

There are updates available on the box under the software manager.

I'm a bit sceptical about updating the software in case it bricks the box, would it be ok to continue the updates?

Thanks guys

hardy27, with you v3 does your display (or can you set it) to dim down in standby not sure if with the v3 they cost saved with a non dimming front display? i do have a couple front displays spare i may try swapping them over, just wondered if anyone else with v3 had this issue or if its a one off

hardy27, with you v3 does your display (or can you set it) to dim down in standby not sure if with the v3 they cost saved with a non dimming front display? i do have a couple front displays spare i may try swapping them over, just wondered if anyone else with v3 had this issue or if its a one off

Hello grantsmith82

I'm not sure as I haven't looked into that. I'm sure it's the same level of shade when in standby mode

Don't do any online updates, that would be my suggestion.

The last image for Vix that can be used is 2.4-156 (I think) so try and get that or 2.4-151 which I know works as that is what I use on my clone.

Theres VIX 2.4 Build 155 in the downloads section which definitely works I have used it on my own V2 Duo clone, theres also a patched Openvix 3.0 image in downloads with patched drivers so it will run on clones, I am currently running this image and confirm it works fine on a V2 clone, I have had 2 crashes though in the last 3 weeks...so 2.3 GM and 2.4 build seem to be much more stable, maybe it's beacuse the 3.0 image is using older patched drivers which is wasnt originally built with.
Do not use the online update feature the newer drivers from VU contain anti clone measures you dont want the to be downlaoded to your box by the online update.

Back