Vu+ Duo Clone - BH Tuner config

friendzi

DW Regular +
Reaction score
got a duo clone sat here with latest Black hole image flashed to it

Im struggling to to find any services on 28.2e with tuner A set to single lnb with tuner b set to loopback

when the lnb is in tuner A i get no signal from the lnb when i look at the signal strength etc... but when plugged into tuner b i get a signal but still wont find any services with the tuner config visa versa

I must admit the dish is pretty knackered but i can find all services on my dm500 clone

ive scoured the net and done numerous config but nothing seems to work.

anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

I was having similar problems with mine. I was trying to get it working with tuner A but ended up going with tuner B so if it is anything like mine stick with B. Also, when i first flashed mine with new BH image it wouldn't pick up channels so what i did was just unscrew the cable from tuner B and then plug it back in and try scan again. If that doesn't work just try putting it into tuner A and run a scan but cancel it after about 5 seconds and then put it back into tuner B and run scan. Sounds mad but this is how i got it working.
Or even try starting scan and then screw it in straight away as this also started picking up channels after me doing this as well.

I've tried tuner b but still no luck. By service file do you mean a satellite.xml?

I don't use blackhole but under the blue button or pluggins you will find downloads in there you will find settings download one for 28 east set tuner A to simple under that single then 28.2E send diseqc to no ok save settings turn tuner b to not configured reboot box and try bbc1.

On Blackhole its Green Button then Yellow Button to access Plugin downloads

well ive just brought the duo round to the mother in laws and she has a sly hd receiver, just swapped the reciever overl to the duo, done a scan and still no services found, im starting to think its the reciver

well thats strange, ive installed vix now and its currently scanning the services and finding them

well thats strange, ive installed vix now and its currently scanning the services and finding them

sounds like no default services list installed, or some strange install lol Had a few problems with bh myself grrr

Ok tuner b seems to work fine and locks onto the sat, but i can not get tuner a to lock on, im always getting tuner failed, could it be the tuner that is faulty?

Someone correct me if I am wrong but would friendzi be able to put a loopback on tuner a and then try recording and also watch another channel on the same transponder and if both work this would prove the tuner is working ok? Would that be a fair test to do to see if it is the tuner at fault or not?

Sorry, if I'm asking a silly question but you do have 2 cables from your LNB to Duo?

The have Tuner A set to USALS / Fixed and Tuner B to 'same as Tuner A'

ok its a sky minidish with quad LNB, two cables running to the duo clone both tuners, running ViX-2.3.GM-vuduo from the website they give you on the sticker

works with cfg set up and tuner b single lnb and tuner a not configured

When i set tuner A to "SAME AS TUNE B", tuner b still works but then i tried to record itv hd, then switch to another channel on a different transponder and it obvisouly switched over to tuner a but has snr 0% and agc 0% which makes me think its an actual tuner problem, this has been the same on two seperate minidish setups with quad lnb ( mother in laws house and brother)

also tuner a will not lock to a sat whereas tuner b locks perfect

Last edited:
thats what i thought, but sometimes on the satfind option i do sometimes get a signal but nothing even close to wanting to lock on. like the setup now on tuner b its locked solid snr83% agc 87% or thereabouts and surely if tuner a is set to be the same as tuner b its should be locked with the same snr and agc? which brings us back to a faulty tuner

set both tuners up seperatley

tuner A, simple, single, fixed @ 28.2
tuner B, simple, single, fixed @ 28.2

setting it as 'same as tuner A' activates an internal loopthru, which it why you will only be able to 'see' one transponder while recording

tried that mate, still the same issue. setting it as 'same as tuner A' doesnt not stop me trying to record on a different transponder but when i try to record 1 channel then watch another its flicka to tuner a like it should but i have 0% snr and 0% agc

even in the satfind plugin in vix tuner b is locked solid but tuner a isnt. sometime it will have agc 99% but snr 0%

Just to confirm its not a tuner problem can you swap the cable from Tuner A to B and vice versa, this way if tuner A is locked and Tuner B is not it could be a cable issue or even a small strand of shielding on the inner core or worse that LNB input is kaput

Back