Vm

gez

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They just upgraded my speed from 100 to 130 Mbps for free, just tested speed and showing 136 Mbps, wonder when they jack up the price.

No such thing as a free these days.

Every single time they gave me a free upgrade my next contract ended up increasing in price forcing me to drop back to my previous speed to get the price down.

Crafty way of getting people on higher priced speeds.

They keep trying that with me, still same price I was paying 3 years ago, get haggling.

Oh did ok last time haggling because i used the Volt option and moved my mobile from Virgin to BT.
What's coverage like and do you still get use in eu without paying extra

As part of my package I have a free Virgin Mobile sim. I'm a very light user outdoors and use my network indoors. Suits me just fine. However, they insist in calling me every month to offer me a better deal on my sim.
What could possibly be better than free?

A couple of times I have played along and listened to the spiel. The last one was where they were offering a Z Flip phone with a Gazillionbytes of data and calls. Before she finished I cut in and said, "Sounds good. How much will you pay me to take it off your hands"?
That completely threw her 😂
I then explained, as I always do, that I have a very new phone I paid cash for and a sim which is included "free" in my package. "How are you offering me a better deal"?

She thought for a second and asked "Do you have any kids you may want to provide with a phone"? I replied "I have 5 kids, the youngest is 30 and they can provide their own".
"Ok, thankyou. Would you like me to take you off our list"?, she said.
Me: "Yes please".

I think that's the 3rd time I've been told I will be removed from their list. 😂😂😂

It lowered my overall costs and a speed upgrade.

Virgin Media - What deals you got? 2022

Coverage has been great travel around uk a bit for my away days football. Can not comment on the EU usage.
But what network do you use at elland road;) Three or vodafone for me. No go with 02 and ee is very slow on my 1p mobile 2nd sim.

My deal with virgin is up in just over 30 days. I have to call them this week to start the haggling. I currently get 386mb down and phone line and weekend calls plus bigger tv with bolt on documentries for £38.00. No guarantee i will get such a deal this time though.

Reactions: gez
But what network do you use at elland road;) Three or vodafone for me. No go with 02 and ee is very slow on my 1p mobile 2nd sim.

My deal with virgin is up in just over 30 days. I have to call them this week to start the haggling. I currently get 386mb down and phone line and weekend calls plus bigger tv with bolt on documentries for £38.00. No guarantee i will get such a deal this time though.
You’re better off cancelling and waiting for the Retention team to call you back. The retention team give you the best deals. That’s what I have found from experience.

You’re better off cancelling and waiting for the Retention team to call you back. The retention team give you the best deals. That’s what I have found from experience.
Yeh, that's what I do every year but I just listen to them first so I don't come across as angry. Then play the sorry but I really can't afford that and i'll just have to cancel. :)

Inside the ground no chance mate 🤣 but i dont want disturbing anyway 😆

Inside the ground no chance mate 🤣 but i dont want disturbing anyway 😆
The lass i sit next to works for o2. She told year some years ago to often drop it down to 3g only on network type as not so many phones are connecting via that, and you can get through. I use lebara on voda and often have a 40mb connection during the game on 4g. The best network was 3 but they are shite if you go off the beaten track.

Just rebooted my router and I’m getting 135mb from 109mg.

Same here but my upload has dropped from 10 to 8 when should now be increased to 20 lol
My upload speed is 20.9mb but can’t remember what it was before tbh.

I've just been on the phone to them and eventually put my cancellation in. I've just been offered 250mb internet, phone line with weekend calls and bigger tv with documenteries at £33.00. If i wanted the 250mb (currently on 386mb) plus maxit tv in hd, it would be £50.00.
Now to wait patiently.

Back