VM When did they get crap at retentions?

my contract ends next month ,they want to increase it by £20 a month.........no way am i paying that

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-08 044822.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-10-08 044822.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 35
Update on my post above... Just checked my account and one of the discounts had ended so they upped it to £45.50 , got straight on the phone to them the best he could offer was £42.50 I said no way and told him to cancel my account ,passed me straight onto retentions and they offered £30.50 for 18 months so less than I'm paying now 🙂

It's all about having the balls to cancel if you don't get a deal. Only when you've cancelled will you flag up on their system that you are "Officially Leaving".

If you don't say I'm leaving then your still with them so they will not offer you a decent deal.

Why should they ?, you ain't gone !!

Never get this correct... do you give 30 days notice with a month to go on contract or wait till it's up and then give 30 days notice?

Update on my post above... Just checked my account and one of the discounts had ended so they upped it to £45.50 , got straight on the phone to them the best he could offer was £42.50 I said no way and told him to cancel my account ,passed me straight onto retentions and they offered £30.50 for 18 months so less than I'm paying now 🙂

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-20 065050.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-10-20 065050.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 18
I've changed my partents to virgin they go live tomorrow. Nearly the same as flipflop but they are paying £27.00 for 3 months then £32.00 for 15 months but theres includes all-inclusive calls. They don't like using the mobile.

My other friend cancelled after telling him about our deal & got his bill down from £52.50 to £24 a month with phone & internet

I give notice when I have 30 days left on contract…
You ring up 30 days before your contracts up or it will auto renew. Once your 12-18 month deal is up you can leave anytime you want as long as you give notice.

Some scare mongerers say "They never phoned me" just make sure they've got your mobile and you answer withheld numbers, I promise they will 100% call you its the guys at retentions job. If they don't they'd be out of a job

You ring up 30 days before your contracts up or it will auto renew. Once your 12-18 month deal is up you can leave anytime you want as long as you give notice.

Some scare mongerers say "They never phoned me" just make sure they've got your mobile and you answer withheld numbers, I promise they will 100% call you its the guys at retentions job. If they don't they'd be out of a job
I actually did not take their offer when they phoned me as it was a better deal for my wife to sign up as a new customer. But we where without internet net for two days…

I actually did not take their offer when they phoned me as it was a better deal for my wife to sign up as a new customer. But we where without internet net for two days…
Happened to me about 3 years back. I bluffed them and they called it. I was cut off for a week.
I had to go crawling back by accepting the very deal I had refused. There are no guarantees in this life ;)

Since blueyonder NTL C&W days I've done this with both cable and Sly (mainly cable) and not once have they not called back.

I've heard lots of people use the missus or fella/other half to sign back up with them to get the new customer deals.

Some people also said you have to wait 60 days to sign back up as its against the address not the account holders name, again thats a load of scrotum skin,

What happens when you move ?

Back