VM When did they get crap at retentions?

neorage

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Long time drifter here..

Anyone have luck with VM these days when it comes to renewals.

package will go up to £84 for Base TV and 100 MB internet - best they can offer me apparently is £53 for the same deal.. when did they become so dam expensive.

if it wasn't for the internet speeds I need i would jump to talk talk ,.

get a 4 g dongle for a month and then just cancel and rejoin as a new customer

Long time drifter here..

Anyone have luck with VM these days when it comes to renewals.

package will go up to £84 for Base TV and 100 MB internet - best they can offer me apparently is £53 for the same deal.. when did they become so dam expensive.

if it wasn't for the internet speeds I need i would jump to talk talk ,.
I know it's expensive mate but they have offered you a £31 per month reduction. I would call that a pretty good deal. I'm currently on a deal at £40 per month for 350M internet only but it lapses in 2 months time and will go up to £52.

That is a really good deal.

I managed to get a mates rates 200meg for 28 a month. That will do me. Would have gone for something like this. Hope that I don’t have as much of a haggle at the end of the contract though.

why can’t their just be a reasonable price for everyone for everything. Rather than trying to pull fast ones all the time.

will be banned soon. everyone needs to be offered the deals

Well I originally got the package through virgin partners as I have a credit card with them.

My current package is £42 for 100mb and the bigger TV bundle.

The latest one is 46 for 350mb and bigger TV... But they won't honour that.

Wouldn't mind don't even watch the telly it's there for littlen when she comes over

I'll check out thoes links now

What is the benefit of anything 100+ unless your a business or a serous gamer/downloader.

Downloads and streaming. Need the stable. Upload tbf

Downloads and streaming. Need the stable. Upload tbf
Big gamers or serious download/uploaders but the average house hold speeds of 30+ is more than ample. 4 in my house and we all use pc/phones/iptv ect and 35 mbps is average speed unlimited and never have issues

THIS IS WHAT YOU DO:

1) Phone them up press the button that says you are thinking of leaving,

2) They will ask you why just say you have found it cheaper elsewere you do not have to say were. Don't listen to any of their bullcrap about speeds fibre all that just say you have made you mind up and that's it.

3) They will put you through to retention's and try to persuade you to stay and there and then they will try to find you a new deal but:-

"REMEMBER" at this point you have not officially left so the deal they will offer you will be utter garbage crap deal like £10 of or something

so make sure you;

****DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ACCEPT IT - - - DO NOT ACCEPT***

I cannot reiterate this point any more clearer DO NOT ACCEPT THEIR FIRST OFFER just keep saying I am leaving. They are good at trying to keep you just say nope my minds made up I am leaving. They will read out all the bits about 30 days notice and sending the stuff back in the box they send out.

4) This department, Stage No1 of retention's do not have the best deals because you have not officially left. You will only get the huge best discounts when you have left and they call you back in a day or two. This is because, once you have hung up you are officially leaving and your name will go on the leavers retention's list and to be called back in a day or two with the very best offers because ? you are leaving.

5) In a day or so they will call you and that's when you drive the best deal. Barter like your at a Turkish market don't be scared to be hard faced. Even this person first deal will be sh*t. Keep mentioning new customer deals and you want what they get.

6) If you upgrade any equipment make sure they waiver the £100 installation fee and watch out for the £35 contracts fee add-on get them to scrap that., that one takes some doing. If they don't mention it make sure you don't mention it because, if he doesn't tell you about the £35 charge then when you get your first online bill and it's listed and you haven't been informed ring them explain he never mentioned it and they will scrap that.

my bill was £60 odd a month and after doing the above I got it to the price of a new customer nearly half of what I should be paying.

I'm sorry for going on about the leaving bit but that is the key to it all. You must officially leave and hang up then get the call back to get the very best deal. If you get put through to retention's first time round the deal will be nothing like the deal you will get when they call you back so be brave and hang tight they will 1 million percent call you back.

New contracts are 18 months so this is why you negotiate hard 18 months is a long time.
Good luck

Just rung up to cancel today as only got 200 meg internet and has gone up to £50 a month, hoping this info is still correct.

Just rung up to cancel today as only got 200 meg internet and has gone up to £50 a month, hoping this info is still correct.
If they don't offer you a decent deal just cancel and sigh up in your partners name, that's if you don't live alone.
That's what I did anyway and got 18 month contract 105mb no phone or TV and £75 Amazon voucher for Amazon...

I did the above and got all sports channels and 300mb upgrade and paying £20 a month less. Could probably have got a better deal but I’m useless at haggling 😂

Just got off the phone with them an hour ago. They rang me with an offer as I was expecting an "engineer" on Friday as my superhub 3 keeps dropping connection.
For an extra £10-50 pm they are sending me a Superhub 4 with 1 gig speed instead of my 350M package. Also getting a 360 box with the mixit package, a landline which I don't really need but am getting a complimentary sim with unlimited calls and texts with 5gb data for £0.

This is on an 18 month contract with no yearly price hike for the tv/broadband. Sim will remain free provided I don't go over the data limit. My current sim provider buys most of my data back from me as I don't use it. I'll be able to cancel that sim which will give me £6 per month back towards the extra £10-50 my sub comes to.

Up from £55-50 to £66 per month. Not the best deal in the World but made sense to take it. I will cancel or downgrade when the contract is up.

It’s like anything - it’s what you are okay with paying. I’m sure we could both have got a better deal but I’m happy with what I got. Perhaps I will try harder next time! 😳

Just an update, did what silverdale said to do & phoned vm up yesterday asking to cancel, they tried to get me stay but said wanted to cancel, they said fine, will be disconnected on the 5th Nov, got a phone call back today from vm & now bill has gone from £50.50 to £23 for 18 months with no loss of speed.

Wish mine was due , I am stuck till March next year.

Didn't realise I was on a 18th month contract.

Bb/sky chicken. It’s a fun game. I play it every 18months.
Worst case is taking it out I. The wife’s or my name again.

Would rather a fair price without messing around though.

Back