VM start new STM trials !!!

nozzer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
VM are starting new STM trials in the Preston/Blackpool area which will effectively see people who break their limits penalised for upto 10 hours per day.

Detail here -

Virgin Media Broadband:

ffs they where bad enough before, what a bunch of :SSEXY:
thought 20mb was going over to the same system has the 50's doc3 to stop this crap

This take the utter PISS ! fook sake, think we should all just reduce out package to the 2meg line... fk sake, all were gonna get anyway !

What is the point paying a premium for speed, to have the speed capped down to nothing ! Don't want 20meg for checking email now do we.

or is it a ploy to try and get you to sign up to 50meg and not suffer this shite

Ive gone down to 2mb for this very reason and i get stuff just as fast as i did on 10mb coz i was always getting capped.

they will lose a lot if they cap me
i will go down to standard

free tv cheap phone and 2mb internet

i pay them close to £90 a mth
and as i said if the cap me any more they can fook off

they will lose a lot if they cap me
i will go down to standard

free tv cheap phone and 2mb internet

i pay them close to £90 a mth
and as i said if the cap me any more they can fook off

i was paying £50 for my package david and i have now gone down to the phone,2mb bb,free tv and i pay £20 so thats £40 they lost from me.

I have got used to the capping, although I still think they cap you between 10am and 3pm as I have been capped between that time.

I usually D/L after 9pm and in the mornings before 10am. I do think its wrong though that you pay for an umlimited package that is limited at times.

I am on 10mb and have no intentions at the minute to increase.

They are also going to start on the torrent users soon...

At the launch of Virgin Media's 50Mbit/s service in December, CEO Neil Berkett told The Register the firm plans to introduce application-specific restrictions this year to target BitTorrent users. Such a move would mark a significant departure from its current policy of application-agnostic throttling.

A company spokesman subsequently denied the plans to Wired, and then denied having denied it when The Register inquired what part of what his boss told us wasn't true. ®

Cloned modems will still be able to avoid these new STM measures :) Application throtting is not too much of an issue, they're are ways around that too.

Last edited:
l know its naughty l just change my mac and get full again and l only use a mac off someone thats only got 2mb so they will never get capped as lm forcing 20 mb

l know its naughty l just change my mac and get full again and l only use a mac off someone thats only got 2mb so they will never get capped as lm forcing 20 mb

Umm, How does that work? It's all config based. :-/

I got 20meg broadband, been a waste really considering Ive been away from home for 2 years but comes in handy at weekends. Ive not noticed capping but do notice no net access for 5 mins or so twice a day. If they start introducing capping and I suffer then they can kiss my services goodbye. Cheeky f**ks

Back