VM hub adapter for phone

gez

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone got one plugged into a tp home plug ,does it work ok, got hub one side of room and phone base the other, don't want to move either.

Didn't even know you could tbh. I know there's a phone socket on the virgin router but I have the old separate wall socket for it.
The only people who ring my house phone line is scammers mainly "Your Amazon account has........"

or my 80odd year uncle who's never owned a mobile

Reactions: gez
Didn't even know you could tbh. I know there's a phone socket on the virgin router but I have the old separate wall socket for it.
The only people who ring my house phone line is scammers mainly "Your Amazon account has........"

or my 80odd year uncle who's never owned a mobile

We got told they would turn off the old wall socket landline connection and would have to use the hub socket - digital apparently? I think our home phone has rang once in almost 18 months (nearly $hit myself) :D. Sorry this does not help @gez at all.

Well I will find out July 13 cos that's when they turn the landline off 👍

my parents have this since they moved to VM and no problems encountered.

My router is upstairs - phone main base down stairs : Use TP home plugs to bring internet to down stairs TV

I was going to do it (bought the necessary adapters etc) but it was just easier to move the Phone main base upstairs and have a 'slave' phone downstairs..

Just to add - I had a lot of problems at first. VM call centre tried to blame it all on my Handset (which are only two years old.....)
It has been steady for the last two weeks, but I still do not trust it...

you need to call virgin they send an engineers out to install and set it up, well thats what they did my end.

A normal extension cable from the phone out stock of the superhub to your phone should work. I also know some years ago i was able to get buy a product that allowed telephone calls over the mains network a bit like homeplugs do for internet. I know i got it to work but i am not sure how stable it was.

A normal extension cable from the phone out stock of the superhub to your phone should work. I also know some years ago i was able to get buy a product that allowed telephone calls over the mains network a bit like homeplugs do for internet. I know i got it to work but i am not sure how stable it was.
Don't want another cable across the room

Anyone got one plugged into a tp home plug ,does it work ok, got hub one side of room and phone base the other, don't want to move either.
OK, as I had already bought the necessary adapters, I thought I would fit them..

No good - just got 'Line error'

----------
This what I did ::
Fitted this connector from HUB phone connection to Home Plug upstairs ;

Lindy 34233 1m Modem Data Cable RJ-11 Male to RJ-45 Male Connect Router to ADSL for sale | eBay

Fitted this connector from downstairs Home Plug to Phone

RJ45 PLUG TO BT SOCKET PABX MASTER LINE ADAPTER UNIT TELEPHONE CONVERTER | eBay

---------
I may have done something wrong, but can't see what it may have been.
Phone main base now back upstairs !!

Back