Vix image update issue

cypher1055

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hmmm, Yesterday I saw there was a new update for Vix, so I decided to upgrade but the annoying part was after the update I have to set it up again from scratch, won't accept a restore from the settings back up & took me a quite a while to set it up again by installing all my plugins, channels etc. Wondering is this is what I will have to do every time for a major image update?is there any easy way round this Does BH have the same issue or will that allow settings restore option after the update?

if you have updated from 3.0 to vix zeus it will need clean install

Any major Image Upgrade requires a fresh install which results in no personal backups working which @bobby123 has clearly pointed out, The same also apply's to Blackhole images so i am afraid there is really no escape.

Vix have obviously done a major rework on the image and dont want any so called Bugs entering the new system from personal backups from old images.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, Yesterday I saw there was a new update for Vix, so I decided to upgrade but the annoying part was after the update I have to set it up again from scratch, won't accept a restore from the settings back up & took me a quite a while to set it up again by installing all my plugins, channels etc. Wondering is this is what I will have to do every time for a major image update?is there any easy way round this Does BH have the same issue or will that allow settings restore option after the update?

OpenViX Zeus requires a full reflash. You cannot update from OpenViX 3.0 or use a settings backup from any image prior to OpenViX Zeus. We have coded it so that you can't use a backup from an earlier image as it will cause issues if you do.

Any major Image Upgrade requires a fresh install which results in no personal backups working which @bobby123 has clearly pointed out, The same also apply's to Blackhole images so i am afraid there is really no escape.

Vix have obviously done a major rework on the image and dont want any so called Bugs entering the new system from personal backups from old images.

Exactly.

Back