ViX autoboquets maker

even if you can get it to install on other images (ive installed it on 4D images, TM800 and DM800) vix have done something to it to stop it working on anything other than vix images. When using it on any other image, the only screen you have access to after configuring it, is the about screen, pointing you to ViX forum

Are you sure m8?
Why would they do that,LriaZer never did that with his,surely they would be shooting themselves in the foot if that's true?

I don't think it is deliberate. It is just coded differently, other images can't handle.

Dreamset won't recognise the created the bouquets. DBedit used to struggle open them, it now does. However it still deems 570 odd errors.

It is an awesome plugin. I have a couple of friends with dm800se units that would love it.

Simple way to find out for sure ask the makers

Pheonix said that it should work on any of the images by the OE alliance. The plugins does not have scripts, it uses files ending in .mo

I can't really go to WOS and say "How do I make this work on a clone 800se?" You got to respect their rules when on their forum, just like when on here.

As much as I would love to Jimmy it usually ends with a lot of toys on the floor :(

It's worth a try Dave at least you'll get an answer one way or the other lol

Pheonix said that it should work on any of the images by the OE alliance. The plugins does not have scripts, it uses files ending in .mo

I can't really go to WOS and say "How do I make this work on a clone 800se?" You got to respect their rules when on their forum, just like when on here.

Apart from the word clone I cannot see anything that would break their rules m8?

I installed the attatched ipk to my duo and it worked fine. Still prefer rats though.
Has anyone tried instslling it on a se clone?

I installed the attatched ipk to my duo and it worked fine.
is that with Vix image on Duo Ian ?

you have to commend the work they do and have done, but it all seems very in house these days with its our way or no way attitude ? just the feeling I get when I read things, so I can see Wiz's point where he feels he cant be bothered to ask a question because of the reply he may get

just my observation :)

ABM ( AutoBouquetsMaker ) was created as a joint project by ViX and Team Sif for the OE-Alliance, There is nothing what so ever in the plugin either by design or by accident to prevent it working on any OE-A based Image, it is freely available to all members of the OE-Alliance to use if they so choose to include it in their images.

The plugin does not use bash scripts like LraiZers plugin does, This one was coded from the ground up completely in C+ and Python.

Now as to my attitude here, thats hardly surprising when every time i make a reply i get jumped on by trolls wanting to stir up shite, frankly though i'm no longer interested in that. if you want honest answers just ask otherwise i'll just ignore you or add you to my ignore list with the others on there already.

Last edited:
Yes Rat on the Duo. once installed it is found in setup/service searching.

So for the stupid amongst us,will it work on an OpenPli image or any OE1.6 or OE2.0 images?

And yes I could try it and see but I'm just curious that is all

So for the stupid amongst us,will it work on an OpenPli image or any OE1.6 or OE2.0 images?

And yes I could try it and see but I'm just curious that is all

Technically ( and yes i'm being anal here ).

The terms, OE 1.6 and OE 2.0 can only be applied to DM or DM derived images, Not to Pli as Pli forked the DM git several years ago.

It's also worth pointing out that i am speaking from the point of view as a mere test monkey and i make no bones about that, i am not a coder so cant go too deep into things i dont fully understand. That said I cant see a reason why it cant be adapted to work on a Pli image although it is worth pointing out that contrary to the popular belief that the OE-Alliance and ViX images are just Pli with a skin and some plugins, This is not the case.

ViX and the OE-Alliance are only BASED on Pli and as such a lot of the ViX image / OE-Alliance code has been re-written from the core level up. meaning that not every thing can be used straite on the Pli image without being adapted to do so.

Technically ( and yes i'm being anal here ).

The terms, OE 1.6 and OE 2.0 can only be applied to DM or DM derived images, Not to Pli as Pli forked the DM git several years ago.

It's also worth pointing out that i am speaking from the point of view as a mere test monkey and i make no bones about that, i am not a coder so cant go too deep into things i dont fully understand. That said I cant see a reason why it cant be adapted to work on a Pli image although it is worth pointing out that contrary to the popular belief that the OE-Alliance and ViX images are just Pli with a skin and some plugins, This is not the case.

ViX and the OE-Alliance are only BASED on Pli and as such a lot of the ViX image / OE-Alliance code has been re-written from the core level up. meaning that not every thing can be used straite on the Pli image without being adapted to do so.

Cheers that was exactly the answer I was looking for.

I don't think it is deliberate. It is just coded differently, other images can't handle.

when installing all the files, including the .py files instead of the pre compiled .pyo files, it installs, and everything works fine, allowing you to configure everything etc, its only when you come to actually start the scan, that the remote is disabled from selecting anything except the 'about' screen

As this mimics sky channel numbers how does it do/cope with numbers starting at 100 etc...

even if you can get it to install on other images (ive installed it on 4D images, TM800 and DM800) vix have done something to it to stop it working on anything other than vix images. When using it on any other image, the only screen you have access to after configuring it, is the about screen, pointing you to ViX forum

The about screen contains 3 links as follows.

The OE-Alliance Git, for those who want to access the source files for this and other plugins and images.
sif team forum home of sandro main developer for this plugin
vix forum home of andy main developer for this plugin.

This information is there to acknowledge the people who created the plugin, hence LraiZer also has a mention.

Last edited:
Back