Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

virmin sammy v+ box

melttc

DW Regular
guys

i have asked a question about this box some time ago but now i have some more questions please if anyone can help?

this is a brand new box that i was sent twice so it has card etc.
can i get the fta channels using this box or does it need authenticating at virmin?
is there anyway i can use my full package card in this box , meaning i can have a box upstairs and down and just share the card when i need it?

many thanks

you cant use your subbed card in it it will need pairing which you cant do. depending on the area (network) you are in the box may need its net id to be set. to be honest i would just nick the hdd out of it and leave the box in a cupboard you never know it may be useable one day.

you want be able to use the card in both boxes only the 1 that the card is meant for "cards married to the box"
as for fta i think u would be able 2 but u wont get many channs and prob get invalid card message.. also i dont think the record works.. i might be wrong some clever sod will tell you more lol

you want be able to use the card in both boxes only the 1 that the card is meant for "cards married to the box"
as for fta i think u would be able 2 but u wont get many channs and prob get invalid card message.. also i dont think the record works.. i might be wrong some clever sod will tell you more lol

you used to be able to program a nag 1 card with just the ird to get the record function. im not sure this is still the case and i personnaly dont considder the effort worth it.

i dont think its worth it myself lol. as u say just take the hd out and put the box in the cubord.. no 1 knows what might turn up

thanks for all replies i may aswell put on fleabay as i have seen them going for £40 or more thats why i asked the question as i thought i must be able to watch with it

Back