Virmin Retention Deals

fatspanner

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone phoned them lately for a retention deal or know what they're offering at the moment. I'm currently on the 10mb broadband @ around £18 i think, but i'm sure they could do better.

TIA

No but do need to give them a call been with them a year think its time fr some barterin ;). Gonna try and get the 20mb and Phoneline for around £25. Already got a contract with them aswell sothat should help I think

20Meg is £20 if you also have the phoneline for £11 (total £31). They will also give you a stb as well for the freeview package.

Its quite difficult to get any better deal than that out of them at the moment.

They need to save money to pay for the HD exclusive channels from america.
Think its sink or swim time for Virmin. With Sky favourites to take over the freesat HD stuff then Virmin are gonna be royally 'fcked' unless they can come up with some reason for people not to abandon them.

Think I'll be ringing them as well. They're charging me £16 for 10meg plus the £11 for the phone. May as well pay the extra £4 and get 20mb for the kids. My little 250 serves me well on MY machine so not bothered about that.

Last edited:
If anyone is getting the upgrade from 2mb to 10mb, i would check your bill.
Yes they upgraded me and then charged me for an upgrade that was "free".
Phoned them today and went ballistic and tbh i was genuinely ready to cancel and the guy wiped my bill and gave me a month at xl free.
As soon as i get off my lazy ass, i am gonna dump Vermin, ive had to phone them 4 out of the last 6 months.
They don't deserve to be in business..

now is a god time for some people if your bill has recently went up £2 a month theres a clause in there terms and conditions j3 i think it is where if they put there prices up you can cancel your contract with them:banana::BLOBBY:

by the way i have 10mb internet xl phone package and free view tv for £17 a month:Cheers:

I rang yesterday...41 minute call...best they could do was 10mb & phoneline £19.99 :(

20Meg is £20 if you also have the phoneline for £11 (total £31). They will also give you a stb as well for the freeview package.

Aboslutly correct i called them last week and got this offer, i told them how can i not get the 20meg for £10 for 3 months as per web site, told me only for new customers but he is willing to throw in a free wirleless router, he was sympathetic as was telling him was a customer for over 12 years but he could not give me anything better than £31 for phone and 20meg.

remember if you alter your package they tie you down to another 12 month contract!

10mb BB, basic TV, line + Free Calls for £21.50 - which isn't bad.

hmm i have just had it installed in my new house,

v+ box with medium package

and

xl phone package

for £16 per month

Back