Virmin Media Activate HD For Free For Existing Customers

Did you get a reply to the email you sent them ?

i phoned them this morning and they wouldn,t do mine i have multiroom so i tried to get it activated on 2nd box upstairs which is allready a HD box, but they wouldn,t do it, i told them if that was the case it should say on there web site, told them it was miss leading and wrong.
they wouldn't give in i tried they wanted £49.95 told them to feck off a pay enough each month anyway.

Did you get a reply to the email you sent them ?

Nope, not yet.

i phoned them this morning and they wouldn,t do mine i have multiroom so i tried to get it activated on 2nd box upstairs which is allready a HD box, but they wouldn,t do it, i told them if that was the case it should say on there web site, told them it was miss leading and wrong.
they wouldn't give in i tried they wanted £49.95 told them to feck off a pay enough each month anyway.

What about phoning back and trying to speak to someone else? Probably say no again but you may just get that one person who may sort it for you.

to be honest m8 i can,t be bothered it took the first chap i spoke to 10mins to find the offer he didn,t even know about it.

Same experience I had calling them up though the nice lady on the other end of the phone knew about the offer straight away and as soon as she looked up my account said that it didn't apply to second box. For me it would be £99 as I my second box is not HD.

I have applied on the web site anyway and paid my £20 which virgin have yet to take of my cc, see what happens.

I have to say I find their customer service absolutely terrible, even when you have a genuine gripe the attitude is just 'I couldn't care less'. Trouble is Sly were just as bad when I was with them!

A.fter two phone calls,they agreed to activate one of my two vhd boxes,guess what ? said thats all done for you sir,can i help you with anything else ? what a joke,thing aint been activated at all.

Just had this email has to be an automated service

Dear Mr ******,

Reference 35150865

We're delighted that you've decided to take another service with us.

We're pleased to say we can give you a special bundle offer of <input offer e.g. 2 for £20>, saving you even more money than you thought on your Virgin Media services. We'll be in touch again soon to confirm everything in a letter, but in the meantime, and if you need any help along the way, give us a call on 0845 454 1111*, or for free on 150 from your Virgin Media phone.

By taking another service your new 12 months contract covers all the services that make up your bundle offer at the new monthly charge we've agreed. Your new charges will start from your next bill. And just so you know, all the other terms and conditions of your original contract stay exactly the same.

If you decide to change your mind within the first 7 days, simply fill in and return the 'Right to Cancel' form tucked away with your letter coming in the post and you can return to the way things were before. Your new additional service is also covered by our 28 day money back guarantee, so it you're not entirely satisfied with your new service, just give us a call. Not that we think you'll want to, of course!

Your Installation
We're sending one of our technicians round on <date> between <time slot> to install your Virgin Media services. It should only take about two hours to get all the equipment up and running.

We hope you'll carry on enjoying all the benefits of being a Virgin Media customer and can't wait to look after you again this year.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media Team

I have to say I find their customer service absolutely terrible, even when you have a genuine gripe the attitude is just 'I couldn't care less'. Trouble is Sly were just as bad when I was with them!

thing is sometime you do get someone who speaks english, and know's what they are on about, abit far and between but it does happen. :proud:

Just had VM phone and say "they could see I already had the V HD box and the email was sent out in error".
So they have sorted that from there end and I should get access to the HD channel within the next 24 hrs.

I also mentioned me dads and they sorted that there and then as well.

Result!

Just had this email also.

Dear ,

Hi there,

You’re in! Thanks for placing your order with Virgin Media we have now actioned your request.

In the meantime, if you have any questions at all, just give us a ring on 0845 454 1111.*

* Calls cost up to 5p per minute from Cable landlines. 7p connection charge applies to all chargeable calls made by Virgin Media customers. Calls from non-cable lines may vary.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media Team

Last edited:
Just got an e-mail from them,

-----------------------

Dear Mr xxx,

Thanks for your recent order with Virgin Media. It's just arrived!

You're in! We're sending your QuickStart installation pack out to you very soon. It will arrive with you on xx/06/11 between all day. All you need to do is sign to say it's arrived, then follow the instructions to get up and running. You'll be enjoying your Virgin Media services in no time!

And if you need to talk to any of our team along the way, just call on 0800 953 9500 - our experts are on the end of the phone, and ready to help you out.

You'll shortly be getting a letter through the post. It contains a copy of your contract – we'd be grateful if you could sign and return a copy to us. Tucked away in the letter, you'll also find a guide to everything you need to know about Virgin Media.

If you have any questions at all, just call our team on 0845 454 1111.*

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media Team

[email protected]

Box come this morning all up and running 20 pound well spent me thinks.

Little update:

I received a 12 month contract through this morning to sign, so I called them up and asked why I was told it woulnd't mean a new contract when I actually spoke to someone last time.....they just said "don't know".

So in short....if you do want these extra channels it will mean signing up for a NEW 12 month contract.

I didn't see any mention of this on there website and it wasn't until I got the first email from them that it mentioned that, but after speaking to an advisor I was told it wouldn't mean a 12mth contract??!! Well done VM for your great communication!!!

It says on the contract you can write in and cancel it but you can do it over the phone also.

i had the same problem they sent me a new contract and wanted to charge me an extra £5 a month was on phone 30 mins trying to sort it out, bloody site says free i dont call £5 a month free told them where to stick it, there call centre is a joke.

worst bit is i allready have the v+box upstairs but it only picks up standard channels thats why i tried to get this set up but they wanted to charge me £40 installion.

Last edited:
idiots that virgin mob,we already have two boxes one was already activated for hd other not,idiots at virgin sent email saying someone will be out on the 17th install will take 2 hours ,anyway i foned them up told them we have two boxes and no need to install anything ,just activate the sky sports hd we already have hd but not for sports .said they cant do that unless we pay 7quid extra, well fook that a said to maself 7 quid extra for 2 hd channels there having a laugh.so i said activate the hd on the other box we have downstairs ,some credit to them here as they did activate the 2nd box.lol..will be keeping eye on next bill thou just incase the idiots try to charge..:beer:

idiots that virgin mob,we already have two boxes one was already activated for hd other not,idiots at virgin sent email saying someone will be out on the 17th install will take 2 hours ,anyway i foned them up told them we have two boxes and no need to install anything ,just activate the sky sports hd we already have hd but not for sports .said they cant do that unless we pay 7quid extra, well fook that a said to maself 7 quid extra for 2 hd channels there having a laugh.so i said activate the hd on the other box we have downstairs ,some credit to them here as they did activate the 2nd box.lol..will be keeping eye on next bill thou just incase the idiots try to charge..:beer:

It quite clearly stated on the VM website that for Sky movies or Sky Sports there is an additional charge per box on top of the channel subscription for HD. You can thank sky charging virgin extra for the HD version of these channels.

Sky Sports Channels | Sky Box Office & Premium HD Sports Packages - Virgin Media Shop

im actually on the m tv package, will they give me a vhd box for £20?
and what channels will i get?

Yes they will swap your existing box for a vhd box for £20. Just did it for my parents. There is a channel list here, I don't know if you are on m or m+ but I think the HD list is the same. BBC1, BBC HD, ITV1 HD, Ch4 HD and Film4HD

Digital TV Channels | Digital Television Packages - Virgin Media Shop

Are you sure?
On their website it states "If you have our M+ or L packages you’ll receive 6 HD channels or if you have our XL package, you’ll receive 19 HD channels."

Back