Virmin Media Activate HD For Free For Existing Customers

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We’re offering all our TV customers free V HD box activation until 29th June – normally £49.95. It’s your chance to get up to 19 channels in spectacular HD.

The number of HD channels you receive will depend on your TV package. If you have our M+ or L packages you’ll receive 6 HD channels or if you have our XL package, you’ll receive 19 HD channels

For just a £20 quickstart installation fee, you can upgrade your current V box to a V HD box with free HD activation

Upgrade to V HD

Cheers mate, I've already got a box so just filled in form so hopefully some free HD channels.

Think they should provide these anyway for the likes of BBC HD and E4 etc. as there all channels you would get if you bought a freeview HD box.

Cheers mate, I've already got a box so just filled in form so hopefully some free HD channels.

Think they should provide these anyway for the likes of BBC HD and E4 etc. as there all channels you would get if you bought a freeview HD box.

cheers m8...........

Damm, they won't upgrade a second box to VHD at that price.

ive got a v+hd box ,but i still tryed good find :Clap:

Might go for another box upstair's with this cheers.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Might go for another box upstair's with this cheers.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

You can give it a try but they wouldn't apply this offer for second box for me.

You can give it a try but they wouldn't apply this offer for second box for me.

thats just stupid, i got 2xV+ and 1 hd but also got the old box in kids room but now they got hd tv i wanted a new box but i aint paying again to activate .

Had this email this morning. Don't know whether this is a standard email or what as I don't want a new 12 month contract and there is no need for them to send an engineer out as I already have the correct box so it can all be done from there end.

I've emailed them to find out.

We're delighted that you've decided to take another service with us.

We're pleased to say we can give you a special bundle offer of <TRIPLE OFFER>, saving you even more money than you thought on your Virgin Media services. We'll be in touch again soon to confirm everything in a letter, but in the meantime, and if you need any help along the way, give us a call on 0845 454 1111*, or for free on 150 from your Virgin Media phone.

By taking another service your new 12 months contract covers all the services that make up your bundle offer at the new monthly charge we've agreed. Your new charges will start from your next bill. And just so you know, all the other terms and conditions of your original contract stay exactly the same.

If you decide to change your mind within the first 7 days, simply fill in and return the 'Right to Cancel' form tucked away with your letter coming in the post and you can return to the way things were before. Your new additional service is also covered by our 28 day money back guarantee, so it you're not entirely satisfied with your new service, just give us a call. Not that we think you'll want to, of course!

Your Installation

We're sending one of our technicians round on <10/06/11 between <8AM-1PM> to install your Virgin Media services. It should only take about two hours to get all the equipment up and running.

We hope you'll carry on enjoying all the benefits of being a Virgin Media customer and can't wait to look after you again this year.

thats just stupid, i got 2xV+ and 1 hd but also got the old box in kids room but now they got hd tv i wanted a new box but i aint paying again to activate .

If its a standard V box, then I believe that should it 'break' that virgin are now replacing with VHD as standard. These are not HD enabled I think.

I ordered my box yesterday nice find joe thanks

Is this just free activation,do you still have to pay the £7/month ?

Is this just free activation,do you still have to pay the £7/month ?

Whats the £7 for mate?

This is just to activate the HD channels on a V HD box or get a v HD box for 20 squiddleys.

The amount of HD channels depends on the package you have already.

I already have a V+ box, 2xVHD boxes(unactivated) and a standard box,when i first had them installed they where wanting £49.99 for each VHD box to be activated then another £7/month on top of that for all the HD channels. Im on the TV XL package but only get the HD on the V+Box(well ive had it that long its still an old TvDrive from Telewest) so im thinking maybe they will give you free activation for second ,third etc boxes,but you might still have to pay the £7/month.

Any boxes that you have off them that are HD capable then you should be able to get activated for HD for free. I refuse to pay the £49.95 or whatever it is to have a few extra HD channels as I am only on the M+.
Its channels you should get anyway for free!

As for the £7 am not sure as it was the one off cost of £49.95 and then you get all the HD channels available to the package you already had ie M+, XL.

Last edited:
Back