Virmin Media Activate HD For Free For Existing Customers

Are you sure?
On their website it states "If you have our M+ or L packages you’ll receive 6 HD channels or if you have our XL package, you’ll receive 19 HD channels."

I had a quick look through the list and I could see 5 HD channels on the M+ package and they had 20 listed for XL ?

anyone have a copy of the page (been taken down now).

I've got v+HD box and thought this was to allow me to watch sports and movies hd channels. got an email that looked like a template! it still had <insert bundle here> !

Anyway, got a call this morning to say engineer coming in tomorrow to install. rang them and said what are you installing? They said the hd box and it would cost £40 - after 20 min on the phone, lady still didnt understand what I was trying to say - she kep saying if you have hd box you can watch all hd channels. She then said she'd get manager to call me but surprise surprise no calls...

Im still waiting on my activation !! many phone calls,lots off assurances that it will be done,its even on my latest bill,but still not activated,Virmin should be shot on sight !!

anyone have a copy of the page (been taken down now).

I've got v+HD box and thought this was to allow me to watch sports and movies hd channels. got an email that looked like a template! it still had <insert bundle here> !

Anyway, got a call this morning to say engineer coming in tomorrow to install. rang them and said what are you installing? They said the hd box and it would cost £40 - after 20 min on the phone, lady still didnt understand what I was trying to say - she kep saying if you have hd box you can watch all hd channels. She then said she'd get manager to call me but surprise surprise no calls...

i got the same letter today, but rang the retentions department and said whats this all about, he checked it and said thats wrong and now has amended it, so your best bet is get hold of retentions m8

i got the same letter today, but rang the retentions department and said whats this all about, he checked it and said thats wrong and now has amended it, so your best bet is get hold of retentions m8

got the number pls mate? my discount of £20 just expired after a yr and now am paying £75/m

Dial 150 and select option that you are thinking of leaving

I phoned VM up this week to cancel my HD as I didn't want to sign another contract and after a lot of shouting and arguing with an overseas call centre I was put through to someone that I could understand and actually grasp what I was saying to them about not wanting to sign a contract just for a few extra channels.
The person who I spoke to was really helpful and said that she would make a note on my account so it was clear that VM would not be holding me to the contract....and same with my dads as well. Result!

Back