Virgin Media contract ending

M350 Fibre Broadband Player TV (M) and Talk Weekends Your new monthly bundle cost is: £47.99 on the 2 july mate

Lads, my VM contract ends on 25th august, they take payment in advance so my bill I will pay towards the end of this month is up to 13th of august.
I have 100M BB
Talk weekends
Line rental
Price is £50.50 I get £18 discount so pay £32.50 still more than some above, I’ll be giving them a call to see if I can get a better deal. Has anyone done this lately? Seem to remember reading somewhere that they won’t budge much on better deals with this coronavirus carry on, what are you lads currently paying? Anyone done this lately? Advice please.
I did mine last week.
I have basic tv, phone line and 100mb broadband.
My new bill from the end of this month would of been £61.
So i phoned them and asked to have the tv and phone disconnected and take the 50MB broadband only at £37 a month as i never use the phone or tv.
You have to go through all the sales team shit fitst trying to offer better deals, they could only get it down to £51, so finaly i got through to there retentions team to disconnect the phone and tv, and within minutes he gave me thw exact same package on a 18 month contract for £36 a month.
Be prepared for a long wait though
It took me 2 hours to get through to retention team because they have a reduced work force.

I did mine a couple of weeks ago I have 200mb and phone line and talk weekends including tv that includes all the discovery and historys in hd @ £38.00 per month 12-month contract. I had not been able to find the exact package before but it looks like its on their website here. Entertainment and documentaries.

Big Bundle + Entertainment Picks

Last edited:
i managed to get a good deal just last week , they have a this going at the moment

Bigger Bundle + Sports

when i phoned up about getting my bill reduced the guy wouldn't do a lot to be honest without taking away my sky sports and bt sports and downgrading my internet speeds so i told them i would like to be put through to the cancelation department , there i spoke to a lady who was really helpful and told me if i put the account in a different name [it was in my wifes name before ] i could get the bundle i wanted , so maybe its worth speaking to the cancelation department , i have even gained in internet speeds up from 100 to 200 .... o i was paying 94 and now will be paying 65 for 18 months ..

Yes I did mine last month. I called 2 weeks before it expired and they wanted to increase it from £44 to £49. I said no and that I was going to leave. Ran the following week and thought I go ahead and asked the price and they said we can do it for £42 a month.

Thanks Lads, exactly what I was after, I've made a note of the prices. I've found in past years if you quote other providers prices virgin just say that their BB speed is not the same and so price cannot be compared.
If I quote MATES who got (prices you's have quoted) from virgin, I maybe will get somewhere the same. Think I'll leave it a week or two for now.

Back