Virgin Media contract ending

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year I told Virgin I was leaving. I recieved the box to send the gear back and it was then I got the call to renegotiate a new deal.
My new deal ends on the 17/03/2020 then it's due to go back up to £59.50. The contracts solely in my name, what's my best option ?

Do the same again. Tell them youve been looking for prices from cheaper suppliers

Ive done it for years, theyve never given me any hassle on the phone, they have always find me a cheaper price there and then., of course your tied into another 12 month contract though.

Last year I told Virgin I was leaving. I recieved the box to send the gear back and it was then I got the call to renegotiate a new deal.
My new deal ends on the 17/03/2020 then it's due to go back up to £59.50. The contracts solely in my name, what's my best option ?
Phone them up again mate and tell him you're leaving I've been doing it for the last 5 years and kept on the same deal

Did they sort it there and then or did you say I'm leaving then wait for retensions to call you back ?

Before you ring, check the prices of packages from other providers (talktalk usually the cheapest), then you can use these prices to drive a better deal..

Got 150 mb line rental and anytime calls inc mobile for £32 on talk talk

Funny enough mine to to an end seen a good deal with sky for sports and bt and internet phone line (mother wants) all for 60 quid a month.

I rang them and they offered me £38:50 as opposed to nearly £60 but the £60 was with 200mbps bband...

The £38:50 means dropping the bband to 100mbps a TiVo medium (wife that to record her crap) and phone talk weekends.
Not sure if that's good or bad

I rang them and they offered me £38:50 as opposed to nearly £60 but the £60 was with 200mbps bband...

The £38:50 means dropping the bband to 100mbps a TiVo medium (wife that to record her crap) and phone talk weekends.
Not sure if that's good or bad

100mb broadband and talk weekends is £25 mate. Just to give you an idea of the prices.

Virgin Media

Fook that I'll cancel. The contracts is solely in my name. Can the wife sign up if I cancel and she signs as a new customer ?

Fook that I'll cancel. The contracts is solely in my name. Can the wife sign up if I cancel and she signs as a new customer ?
Should beable to mate
Although its not very often you get to the end of your notice period before they offer you a better deal.
You just have to stand you ground and see it through

The price FangFace quotes does not include TV and SilverDale has a Tivo box .. ?

100mb broadband and talk weekends is £25 mate. Just to give you an idea of the prices.

Virgin Media
It's the TiVo that rags me off, she won't get rid. I suggested getting a freeview with a HD as it's all the soaps and Dancing on Shite she records but oh no.

We have 100 megs, basic tv and anytime calls £35, that was offered by a Scottish lass, she even got rid of the £19 per month line rental. So now paying £3 a month less and zero line rental.

We have 100 megs, basic tv and anytime calls £35, that was offered by a Scottish lass, she even got rid of the £19 per month line rental. So now paying £3 a month less and zero line rental.

Dont think any ISP is aloud to charge line rental anymore it has to be a total price

Lads, my VM contract ends on 25th august, they take payment in advance so my bill I will pay towards the end of this month is up to 13th of august.
I have 100M BB
Talk weekends
Line rental
Price is £50.50 I get £18 discount so pay £32.50 still more than some above, I’ll be giving them a call to see if I can get a better deal. Has anyone done this lately? Seem to remember reading somewhere that they won’t budge much on better deals with this coronavirus carry on, what are you lads currently paying? Anyone done this lately? Advice please.

Back