virgin install charges

audiobookman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
well they done themselves out of an upgrade, only a couple of months ago i payed them £50 to upgrade to an v+ box, ok fair enough.
now we have xboxes and half a dozen pcs in the house i decided that 10mb really wasnt cutting it anymore, we were hitting the traffic shapping so quickly it was taking the mickey. i can never get online unless i kick the xboxes off the network now. anyways i called virgin and said i would like 50mb, it would cost me a further £19 pm ok im happy with that and ready to sign up (even though new customers get it cheaper). then he drops the deal breaker, £50 instal charge, WTF they are only changing over the modem and its free to new customers.
he wouldnt budge on this and told me i had to pay it or no 50mb, so i told him to stick it.
what is wrong with this company, im happy signing up for an further 12 months - but im not paying £50 for the privilage of renting thier equipiment especially when new customers get it for free (and cheaper deal).
ive been with this company since the day they were united artists (94 i think). ive never really moved away except for my very brief stint with that awlful company called sly for tv only. there seems to be very little point in being loyal now days, im sick to death of it. pull your fingures out of your backsides otherwise you will lose customers because of these pointless money grabbing taxes.
thats better, im off to look for a better deal now.

I strongly agree with with you, robbing shites they are.

They do need to get their priorities right, otherwise prepare to loose custom.

I mean shouldn't it be...
Installation £50.00 to new customers ( even that's steep )
but free to upgrading customers.WTF

where is the logic.

well they done themselves out of an upgrade, only a couple of months ago i payed them £50 to upgrade to an v+ box, ok fair enough.
now we have xboxes and half a dozen pcs in the house i decided that 10mb really wasnt cutting it anymore, we were hitting the traffic shapping so quickly it was taking the mickey. i can never get online unless i kick the xboxes off the network now. anyways i called virgin and said i would like 50mb, it would cost me a further £19 pm ok im happy with that and ready to sign up (even though new customers get it cheaper). then he drops the deal breaker, £50 instal charge, WTF they are only changing over the modem and its free to new customers.
he wouldnt budge on this and told me i had to pay it or no 50mb, so i told him to stick it.
what is wrong with this company, im happy signing up for an further 12 months - but im not paying £50 for the privilage of renting thier equipiment especially when new customers get it for free (and cheaper deal).
ive been with this company since the day they were united artists (94 i think). ive never really moved away except for my very brief stint with that awlful company called sly for tv only. there seems to be very little point in being loyal now days, im sick to death of it. pull your fingures out of your backsides otherwise you will lose customers because of these pointless money grabbing taxes.
thats better, im off to look for a better deal now.
it is in the paperwork if new customers get a deal excisting cutomers get the same deal

who did you phone up customer serivce, they are useless, they would charge you for farting.. you need to call up the retention/cancellation line, these lot have more powers and am sure will not charge you for installation, never call up customer service for anything.

who did you phone up customer serivce, they are useless, they would charge you for farting.. you need to call up the retention/cancellation line, these lot have more powers and am sure will not charge you for installation, never call up customer service for anything.

can you do this, im under contract again because of the v+ box?

can you do this, im under contract again because of the v+ box?

I was under contract when i phoned them up as they were constantly making an arse of my bill.
I explained to the guy in the cancellation department that i was beyond rage with them and i happily go to court with them any day of the week.
He calmed me down, gave me a better deal and sent out in writing what i would be paying for the next 12months.
My bill has been fine now for a few months.

Its true what jfish said, they do feck all until you threaten to bin them..

I've just ordered 50mb free modem, install etc... £20 connection charge.. is all

new customer

i have just phoned up and had a laugh with them
went something like this
hi i want to find out about 50mb broadband i am with you what happens
he said £30 instalation fee and £25 to setup the router
i then said £30 to install how come it says free instalation
he said that is for new customers
i then said
do you know you have a policy that if it is avalible to new customers then excisting customers can have the same deal
he said yes
hang on
reading the page he is mumbleing yes ok i can honor that
that will be just £25 to setup the router
i then said i dont want the router i have one :)
he say n-router i said yes
andit is better than the one u give us
he said it is worth £150 i said your getting ripped off i can get the same one for £50
he said anyway you can ebay it
so i said so now you are telling me to sell the router while it still belongs to \/irgin he said it doesnt
i then said well it does untill the contract runs out (12 months )
he said you are not under contract with bb so i then said so i can sign up pay you £25 the a week later cancel
he said no you have to have it for a minimum of 30 days
i said well that is a contract
he said it isnt
i said if it is for a minimum 30days it has to be a contract

i said ok i will go have a read of all your rules and regulations and if i am correct i will phone you back up
goodbye

pissing my self laughing :roflmao:
lol

typical, the problem isn't getting stuff off them, it's that you have to 'play the system' and do that silly dance with them. once again, if they REALLY cared about their customers - they should just GIVE you these things, out of loyalty.

people who read these sorts of threads on messageboards and know this information are in the minority so many more people will be getting fleeced.

Unlimited downloads
We think you deserve more. So no matter which of our fibre optic broadband packages you chose, you get unlimited1 downloads. That means you can download as much music, as many films and as many photos as you want without having to worry about going over any kind of limit.

i can not find the info about "policy that if it is avalible to new customers then excisting customers can have the same deal" but still looking

i find this odd there say in the t&c that you can not go over any type of limit ,i find this odd as there have the traffic shapping limit ?

went something like this
i then said
do you know you have a policy that if it is avalible to new customers then excisting customers can have the same deal
he said yes
hang on
he said it is worth £150 i said your getting ripped off i can get the same one for £50
so i said so now you are telling me to sell the router while it still belongs to \/irgin he said it doesnt
he said you are not under contract with bb so i then said so i can sign up pay you £25 the a week later cancel
he said it isnt

i said ok i will go have a read of all your rules and regulations and if i am correct i will phone you back up
goodbye

lol

Utter class mate, you made the little shit work for his money there.lol

went something like this
i then said
he said yes
hang on
he said it isnt

goodbye

lol

typical scouser lol

nice 1 m8.......mite give it a go

DAVIDH where does it state that they have to give existing customers the same deal m8 so when i go onto them i sound as if i know what i am talking about

DAVIDH where does it state that they have to give existing customers the same deal m8 so when i go onto them i sound as if i know what i am talking about

1st ive heard of this policy too....

i pay the feckers £90pm for the VIP HD package, been with them since the mid 90's and called them last month after one of the Net Books only after 2 weeks wait to be told i didn't quilify for it has FREE like new customers do.
They wanted an extra £15pm so i told em to stuff it and brought 2 for the kids Xmas pressies now anyway.
They aint got a clue, i still get a weekly begging letter asking me to come back to them even though ive got, 2x Tv boxes, broadband ,phone and 2 mobile phones with them dozy cnuts lol

ive just had the same happen did exactly the same sa you they got back intouch dropped the install to 30 quid also had to pay 20 quid activation but dropped the monthly cost to £8 on top of what im paying now so got the extra 30 meg for 8 quid. the engieneer called on sat to install got a letter on tues stating that i was up to my credit limit and if the bill wasnt paid straight away i could loose service. Ive been a customer for 6-7 years even when it was ntl and never missed a direct debit, totally fed up with their attitude towards customers,their customer service is crap. Anyway ive had enough of them now rang back on wed and told them to cancel all my services i`ll go somewhere else and hope i get better service

I strongly agree with with you, robbing shites they are.

They do need to get their priorities right, otherwise prepare to loose custom.

I mean shouldn't it be...
Installation £50.00 to new customers ( even that's steep )
but free to upgrading customers.WTF

where is the logic.

Ive left them for exactly that reason. Have just bought a motorised satellite dish and once I get an HD reciever should have a better service with less costs.

I'm on the 20mbit service and I know I could get 50mbit for the same monthly fee but I dread phoning them up to order it cause I know it'll end in me getting angry and swearing down the phone at them for being incompetent twunts.

Back