Viewing recording remotely using VIX image

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got VIX installed on my ZGemma box with external HDD. Recording all working fine and easy to view through the box. However how do I view the recording from a PC or even Kodi on another device around the house ? I can see there is an option to enable Samba but not sure what to do after that.

Mine shows up as "Allshare" on all devices connected to my network allowing me to access the zgemma hdd on all connected device including smart TV's I can watch anything recorded no problems as long as it was recorded from an sd channel. Hd recordings freeze up due to bandwidth.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add I don't use vix on the zgemma I have openpli4 as its supported vix isn't and is patched afaik

Mine shows up as "Allshare" on all devices connected to my network allowing me to access the zgemma hdd on all connected device including smart TV's I can watch anything recorded no problems as long as it was recorded from an sd channel. Hd recordings freeze up due to bandwidth.

If you use only 10/100/1000 switches or routers it's perfect possible for streaming HD content

I'm not familiar with those type of routers.
If you mean that those routers are only 10/100mbit, this is also possible.
My router is also 10/100mbit but all my switches after this router are Gigabit (10/100/1000) switches.
So there is only one cable in my (streaming) network connected to my router.
And the HD streaming from my network drive runs smoothly.:)

Last edited:
You don't samba to view recordings on your LAN. There are several ways to do this. If your devices you want to view it on are android or IOS just install an enigma2 app. I use DreamDroid on my android and I think e2Remote is a good IOS one. In settings just put in the ip address of the box and the images username and password. You will also need to install VLC player app to stream the content.
If you want to view them on a PC you just open your browser and enter in the Ip address of the box. This will open WebIf and from there you can view your recordings. Again you will have to install VLC on your PC to view.
Lastly you can use Kodi. Just install the PVR addon. There are a few - Enigma-TV and a Vu+ one

Back