Vibration through steering

ManofScience

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The continuing saga of my Focus!

For a few months, there's a knocking coming from the front drivers side wheel, when going over bumps and occasionally changing gear. I thought it might be a worn track rod end or something.

Anyway, at speed the other day, about 70, when going round a left hand bend, there was a massive juddering through the steering wheel and a loud rubbing/vibrating. Took the wheel off when i got home to see if i could see anything worn or loose. The brake disc/caliper seemed to move alittle, like the hub was worn. Also, when i gripped the drive shaft it moved a bit seperately from the hub, like the CV joint was worn too.

i took it to the garage, they said it was the wheel bearings which they replaced but noted the CV joint was worn. It's come back and it's still the same, maybe slightly less vibration.

So, question is - would the worn CV joint cause the noise/vibaration/juddering ? or does it sound like something else? what could be causing it?

The continuing saga of my Focus!

For a few months, there's a knocking coming from the front drivers side wheel, when going over bumps and occasionally changing gear. I thought it might be a worn track rod end or something.

Anyway, at speed the other day, about 70, when going round a left hand bend, there was a massive juddering through the steering wheel and a loud rubbing/vibrating. Took the wheel off when i got home to see if i could see anything worn or loose. The brake disc/caliper seemed to move alittle, like the hub was worn. Also, when i gripped the drive shaft it moved a bit seperately from the hub, like the CV joint was worn too.

i took it to the garage, they said it was the wheel bearings which they replaced but noted the CV joint was worn. It's come back and it's still the same, maybe slightly less vibration.

So, question is - would the worn CV joint cause the noise/vibaration/juddering ? or does it sound like something else? what could be causing it?

i think this my be the cv joint or it could be worn wishbone joints had a simular problem with a golf I had the replacemnt solved the problem

Back