Very unusual problem

hdbb

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys got a problem i cant seem to understand. ive got a wireless logitech keyboard and mouse, both work as good as the day i bought em a year ago, I use paltalk regularly and recently when i use my webcam with friends on paltalk my mouse and keyboard go absolutley nuts, i mean mouse cursor all over the place and the keyboard starts typing mumbo jumbo. All works well when i am viewing a friends cam but when anyone views mine is all starts.

Paltalk is the only place this happens with and i formatted my drives. have a dual boot with windows xp and 7 and it does same with both them and gain only on paltalk. Been using paltalk for a year its never been a problem (tried 2 different wireless mouse and keyboards and still same),

But what im finding really unusual is that if i use wired keyboard and mouse OR a wireless mouse with a wired keyboard OR a wired mouse with a wireless keyboard i dont have any problems at all. It only happens when im using a wireless keyboard and mouse together only on paltak.

Obviously these combinations allow me to use the computer but they are not a permanent fix for it and it also says its not paltalk thats the problem if it works well with wired devices.

Tried NEW mouse,keyboard,webcam,batteries,different harddrive.

Now out of ideas and brain frazzled, Would appreciate any input other than the usual renew my computer feedback :)

Thanx in advance

Possibly something in your house/neighbouring house on the same frequency as your mouse etc?

Does your setup allow alternative frequencies?

Have you tried updating the drivers for both your mouse and keyboard? The Paltalk software could be conflicting with your mouse/keyboard drivers.

MENTAL No its dont have alternative frquencies but i understand what you mean tho but if that were the case then it would happen while just normal use of the computer .

GODZILLER drivers all updated, Paltalk works fine ONLY until my webcam is introduced and then all hell breaks loose with the mouse n keyboard. but this is only happening recently, its worked fine for over a year, same version of paltalk same operating system. nothing had changed when it started to happen

A very confusing problem i think most would agree. Wondering why it works well with a wireless keyboard and wired mouse or a wireless mouse and a wired keyboard but as soon as both Keyboard and Mouse are wireless and the webcam is put on...its mental

Last edited:
This might sound silly but by any chance have you installed a long life bulb in the room? I had one a few years ago that would play havoc with things, was even able to change the channel on my Triple Dragon receiver.

Back