Vermin Installation Info

NL7

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive just bought a new tv to go into my new lounge, however its not delivered till some time next week. I need a cable line going into the new lounge.... Does there have to be a tv in the lounge or will the vermin guys go along and complete the installation i.e. wiring and just leaving the cable feed with the box or will they need the tv?

Cheers

all you will need is a portable tv just to set it up, you can then plug in your new TV when it arrives.

They can install without any tv being available - they did mine a couple of weeks ago.

They can install without any tv being available - they did mine a couple of weeks ago.

you sure m8? that would make life a bit easier tbh instead of havin to move tv etc

they can install the line etc but last time i sat with an installer he needed the tv to configure the box in some weird looking blue menus and had to check onscreen that the box and card were active after pressing some buttons on his pda thing. i'd borrow a small crt bedroom type tv from someone for now mate.

they can install the line etc but last time i sat with an installer he needed the tv to configure the box in some weird looking blue menus and had to check onscreen that the box and card were active after pressing some buttons on his pda thing. i'd borrow a small crt bedroom type tv from someone for now mate.

Yes, they usually want the TV to do the setup and confirm its all working etc. Normally they get the stb No etc from the engineers menu (they can get it off a box sticker as well) and request a hit (either by voicephone or, more recently, via their internet connected mobiles) but they then usually wait for the NetId and card pairing hits to come through which they can view on the engineering menu's.

We'd only just moved in so there was no tv available where the feed was going, they just installed to the point. If you can get a portable or something there then no reason not to, I wasn't too fussed as it was only the internet & phone I wanted (which is in another room) as I'd got sky hd fitted as well but the basic tv was free anyway so thought I might as well have it.

cheers guys...

another question........ my contract runs from september to september. I'v never had tv in my house (if u get what im sayin ;)) because when i took the vermin deal out in 2004 i think, my area wasnt cabled for tv.... so i only took out phone & bb... with the deal im on currently, i should be getting the 'm' pack i think as part of the deal, so if i was to go ahead with adding the tv then would my contract still run from sept to sept or will it restart from this month (april to april)??

you'd proberly restart the contract (april to april) but i dont know for sure. I'd say ask when you order but the person on the phone will proberly have no idea either lol.

you'd proberly restart the contract (april to april) but i dont know for sure. I'd say ask when you order but the person on the phone will proberly have no idea either lol.

hmmm i wouldnt trust them tbh lol..... need to get hold of one of those half price sky codes coz i dont wana be tied down and ive just read elsewhere that the contract are now 18 months long...

They would almost certainly tie you to a new contract. They always seem to do that for even minor account changes even though you still have the same account No etc.

Back