Vermin engineer just called me....

I rang them up and asked them to collect mine when the contract expired, but they told me to 'dispose of it in an enviromentally way'...so I took it to the skip. I even offered to drop it off as I live close to a depot, but they didn't want it!

When I cancelled my cable as i had signed up with Sky, They told me they wanted the box back. So i thought it might be somethink they have just started doing, so they can recycle more boxes etc.
They sent me a pre paid box for the cable unit and just went to the post office with it.
But my other mate who did the same as me, went to Sky, got told he can keep the box incase he decides to come back to cable.

When I cancelled my cable as i had signed up with Sky, They told me they wanted the box back. So i thought it might be somethink they have just started doing, so they can recycle more boxes etc.
They sent me a pre paid box for the cable unit and just went to the post office with it.
But my other mate who did the same as me, went to Sky, got told he can keep the box incase he decides to come back to cable.

thats strange cos normally the box is yours after 12months as ya have paid for it?
get it back or dont post it.

Get someone else to tell them your deceased! trust me they won't want the negative press and will leave you alone! lol

thats strange cos normally the box is yours after 12months as ya have paid for it?
get it back or dont post it.

Cable boxes always belong to the cable company. You rent them, unlike Sky boxes.

ive got 3 old old boxs m8, 2 sammys and a pace. you can have one if you want

ive got 3 old old boxs m8, 2 sammys and a pace. you can have one if you want

I would love one mate IF they decide to bill me for it. Can I let you know???

If they send me a bill I'll simply tell them I have 'purchased it back from the guy I sold it too' and then have one of yours if thats cool with you.

Thanks mate

hang on guy's, i think ur all missing something here .....especially Paul7331,

u said:

Damn, I panicked and simply told him I thought the box was MINE to keep after 12-months.... He told me to simply throw away the card he had placed through my letterbox. I just hope I dont get charged for this!

so what u worried about, it sounds like to me, he was an engineer who knew u no longer had the services and just trying to scag ur box for himself, why else was he telling u to simply throw away the card that he had put through ur door ???

Back