Vermin engineer just called me....

PAUL7331

Inactive User
Reaction score
And said he wanted to come and collect my set top silver sammy that was given to me by vermin years ago. The problem is Ive sold it!!

So.... what happens now....will vermin send me a bill for it? Hope not!

I guess this means the Nottingham area is next in line for the big N3 change!

Tell them they have already sent an engineer to pick up in the past..and you dont have it any more...
- Unless of course you sold it when you were still inder contract to them..

Just tell him it's already been collected when you cancelled, I don't think I got any proof of uplift when they collected mine. :proud:

:Cheers:

Damn, I panicked and simply told him I thought the box was MINE to keep after 12-months.... He told me to simply throw away the card he had placed through my letterbox. I just hope I dont get charged for this!

And said he wanted to come and collect my set top silver sammy that was given to me by vermin years ago. The problem is Ive sold it!!

So.... what happens now....will vermin send me a bill for it? Hope not!

I guess this means the Nottingham area is next in line for the big N3 change!

& whats this got to do with notts being changed next ?

They never collected my box, it's still in the cupboard with the card in it.

I still have their 'beautiful' 50mb and phone line, but cancelled the TV.

Not sure whether this makes a difference.

They never collected my box, it's still in the cupboard with the card in it.

I still have their 'beautiful' 50mb and phone line, but cancelled the TV.

Not sure whether this makes a difference.

If you got the phone line they tend to throw in the box for free on base pack channels which is probably the reason for not asking for it back.

Just agree to let them pick it up and when they come to collect it just say, someone has already been a couple of days ago.

Its very common anyway loads a crooks work for vermin like any other company.

Just dont panick and keep a straight face. :proud: sorted

& whats this got to do with notts being changed next ?

N3 discussion thread page 5 posted by Nozzer. This is a good informative post on N3. Did you not read it? Notts is on the list, the fact that VM are being proactive in this area is a tell tale sign of future events. Bit like all these transponder changes recently where N3 is now running in the stream. It's bearing down on us. You may not like it, neither do I. But you have to accept that it's time to look towards alternatives, be it c/s or whatever. Think I will move to sat, but sure time is running out.

N3 discussion thread page 5 posted by Nozzer. This is a good informative post on N3. Did you not read it? Notts is on the list, the fact that VM are being proactive in this area is a tell tale sign of future events. Bit like all these transponder changes recently where N3 is now running in the stream. It's bearing down on us. You may not like it, neither do I. But you have to accept that it's time to look towards alternatives, be it c/s or whatever. Think I will move to sat, but sure time is running out.

yes... but hes on about them picking his box up ....NOT sending him a new card out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, & were on pure ..& there doing all the C&W ereas first M8 ...e.g. >> derby .......& just to let u know M8 as u seem 2 keep trying 2 wind me up ........iv ordered my v hd box, on the L package ..with the free HD channles, or are u gonna find a prob with me doing that ,,,,,,,,,,,, have a nice christmas

reminds me of when VM sent sub contractors around about 6 months after leaving to collect your old equipment

if you refused or simply did not have it they would invoice you

Well the card he left through the door (but then told me to ignore) said that you can be charged £250 for failure to give your box back... :FRIGHT:

If thats the case and they DO decide to invoice me, I'll simply call them back and say I have purchased it back from whoever I sold it to, and then arrange date for engineer to collect and then say it's been nicked or something! No way am I paying £250 for that old sammy box! I currently have my phone and broadband and also virgin mobile from them anyway so surely they cant be too bothered!

Well the card he left through the door (but then told me to ignore) said that you can be charged £250 for failure to give your box back... :FRIGHT:

If thats the case and they DO decide to invoice me, I'll simply call them back and say I have purchased it back from whoever I sold it to, and then arrange date for engineer to collect and then say it's been nicked or something! No way am I paying £250 for that old sammy box! I currently have my phone and broadband and also virgin mobile from them anyway so surely they cant be too bothered!

As Jooooles already said m8,when they call,just tell them someone else has already collected it.

tell them ypou saw an engineer outside your house so you gave it to him. they wont ask any questions

half of the time ..they couldent care less about there boxs ..iv never herd em ringing up 2 collect it !!!

a few years back they called to collect my box tho they didnt send an engineer. it was just a courier who gave me a reciept for the boz when he collected it.

maybe no help but thot id get my tuppence in.lol

Just hand them any old pace box and get a receipt, the virgin guy doesn't give a rats arse as long as he gets the job done.

just goto car Boot sale and pickup a cheap second hand sammy..

Back