V8 stuck on "LOAD" cannot connect

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A relatives box has for some reason ended up stuck on "LOAD" but for some unknown reason this v8 wont load up via an rs232.
I always use my old lappy with a comport and it works fine on anything like this but this one's not having any of it.
I normally get stb error, I have tried all sorts of of timings for the on off, is it dead ?

A relatives box has for some reason ended up stuck on "LOAD" but for some unknown reason this v8 wont load up via an rs232.
I always use my old lappy with a comport and it works fine on anything like this but this one's not having any of it.
I normally get stb error, I have tried all sorts of of timings for the on off, is it dead ?

is this a USB to RS232 - I got problems using a USB adapter, in end had a old desktop with serial port and whacked XP on it and no problems flashing images back using a direct RS232 cable.

Always find these USB to RS232 adapters are always a bit iffy

I tried the usb to serial as a last resort on my main PC. Before that I was using my old workhorse laptop that has a serial port and I was using my null modem cable that I've had for years and never fails me with any other flashing.

Back