usenet R.I.P

Im using newsdemon and have been for years and now there are these take downs :( sucks tbh and torrents are getting hit to...

just signed up for ssl-news and got what was not available on newsdemon but so slow lol

Take your your using ssl , I was getting slow download speeds as well until I started using port 119 then got full speed,
not ideal but at least it works

I came here today to post to see what people are using and found this. I'm getting annoyed too. I am a long time Giganews subscriber, it has in the past been fantastic, still is for stuff that hasn't been taken down.
It's games that I struggle with, especially anything old, kind of ruins having all that retention.
I got a new debit card the other week which meant the payment didn't go out, thought I'd try somewhere else for a month, I went with hitnews which I had a trial with a few months back to fill the gaps with Giganews. None of the ten or so games I've tried came down, and despite paying for up to 120Mb, speeds are crap. Not helped by VM traffic management, Giganews let you use port 443 and avoid it. Hitnews do not.
I don't have any trouble with TV on giganews. I suspect that's because I use SickBeard and it grabs everything before there's chance for it to get taken down.

I'm starting to think usenet is on its way out for downloading. It has gained too much popularity and will soon draw as much attention as bit torrent. It seemed like a well kept secret up until a few years ago.

I'm starting to think usenet is on its way out for downloading. It has gained too much popularity and will soon draw as much attention as bit torrent. It seemed like a well kept secret up until a few years ago.

i remember the days before par file's & nzbs ,manually grabbing what u wanted omg i feel old lol anyway back to topic
its getting worse for takedowns , im with astraweb & am fed up with them taking off what i want but it helps to pop a release watcher on nzb matrix & hopefully im able to grab what i need before they take it down

Still not having any trouble with astraweb,maybe its because I get them within a day or two of them being upped?

Anyone else tried downloading a file that is reported has taken down on astra, few days later its downed fine.

Back