usenet R.I.P

andy74

Inactive User
Reaction score
Looks like the end for newsgroup downloading DMCA removals are becoming unbearable.any thoughts on the way forward bittorrent with proxy etc

cheers andy

i'm with ngroups and hitnews and both are being hit realy bad.

cheers andy

As far as I'm aware astraweb is not in cahoots with them, I've had no problems with downloads on astraweb

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

i found Astraweb pretty poor also lately.
i pay annually but wont be renewing after it finishes in 6 months

Astraweb have an automated DMCA take down procedure whereas the other providers review take down requests manually...It would appear however that Astraweb will literally take down anything rather than making sure the requests are genuine...

Astraweb have an automated DMCA take down procedure whereas the other providers review take down requests manually...It would appear however that Astraweb will literally take down anything rather than making sure the requests are genuine...

All I use is astraweb and have never had any problems?

Are you guys using SSL?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

depends what you're downloading. I've seen 360 games vanish off Newsdemon pretty quick but stick around on Astraweb - but i always use EU servers.

astraweb here too, its getting so bad even the tv show Arrow is removed very quickly, but saying that i download a few rars first and check them to see if its removed and i've got films/games days after they are reported gone on astra and download fine.

i'm using ssl servers and i switch servers also but usually on eu servers,i got acces to easynews and it seems much better but i only use to fill

arrow was available on the pirate bay this morning after it was taken down from nzb I didnt like the pb but now they are using the cloud it seems to be better than usenet

Im using newsdemon and have been for years and now there are these take downs :( sucks tbh and torrents are getting hit to...

just signed up for ssl-news and got what was not available on newsdemon but so slow lol

greys anatomy and Falcon were taken down but got them from tpb this morning

Im using newsdemon and have been for years and now there are these take downs :( sucks tbh and torrents are getting hit to...

just signed up for ssl-news and got what was not available on newsdemon but so slow lol

I tryed to buy blocks from ssl news but think i'v been scammed paypall pament taken but no password or login details emailed i emailed support but they won't answer

cheers andy

l use ngroups and they have been good , there was one removed the other day , cant remember the film but virgin newsgroups download it lol

I'm with Newsdemon as well, noticed alot of takedowns of stuff i tend to download (mostly US shows - Boardwalk Empire, Walking Dead etc). However if you download when its first released you can usually get the full files, if not then someone usually posts a working nzb file on this site :)

Back