USB to Serial U232 P-9 problem.

morashid679

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I got myself a U232 P9 from fleabay and after installing the drivers and it assigning a port number via device manager I can't get it to work.

When I run dreamup it connects and states dm500s in the log but freezes on flash uploader and then crashes. If I close dreamup and try to re-run it it states "unable to open comport, aborting". When I look in the processes the dreamup is always there and wont close.

I have tried this on my netbook as well as desktop.

I have installed "Generic-Windows-PL2303_Prolific_GPS_1013_20090319" driver.

Please can anyone suggest anything I can do to resolve this as I have tried the hl340 usb to serial cable with no luck too.

Thanks

if its what I think it is you need to change settings in windows

Digidude done a nice guide somewhere, ill have a look for it mate

:)

I use same lead with this driver with no problems

Yes, that's the one I read.

I have now tried with the latest vesion I found on here (dreamup) with no result.

Thanks

in the other thread you was told that clone 500 need the early version of dreamup.
plus a null modem to attach to the serial lead.

I got a cheap blue u232 of ebay and i had to search for a universal driver as the one they told me to download was nooooo goood

sounds like a driver issue as I had simular problems

I got a cheap blue u232 of ebay and i had to search for a universal driver as the one they told me to download was nooooo goood

sounds like a driver issue as I had simular problems

I also have a blue u232 with hl340 on the plastic bit.

Which driver did u use?

I'll try n see if that works for me.

Thanks

I also have a blue u232 with hl340 on the plastic bit.

Which driver did u use?

I'll try n see if that works for me.

Thanks

jesus christ it was last year I will check my old external drive m8 see if I still have it on there but I deffo remember I had to use a universal one I will see if I still have it.

You could try these drivers. I had a similar adapter to you.

However, IMHO, it's not always down to the drivers. I think it's more to do with a power delivery problem via the adapter and the USB.

I binned my adapter in the end, it was just too flaky. I bought a longer serial cable and run it off my lads PC now which has a COM port. My mate bought a COM port PCMCIA card which has worked perfectly for him. Bit more pricey, but much less hassle and draws the power properly.

xp driver for usb to serial cable HL-340

I cant find the power cable for my external drive m8 I will look tommora morning under the bed in a box somewhere probably

I found this on google though might help as theres a full thread on it

1- Download the winzip ebayhl-340 file on to your desktop and make sure that your cable is unplugged.
2- Make a new folder on your desktop
3- Unpack the winzip file in to your new folder
4- Burn a CD with the three folders found inside your new folder
5- Open the folder called HL-232-0108 and run the Setup For HugePine, if you get any messages press continue anyway.
6- Open the second folder called HL-232-340 and install the HL-340 and if you get any messages press continue anyway.
7- Open the folder called HL-232-2303 and then HL-2303, and run the HL-2303 setup, if you get a message saying to remove or reinstall, click on reinstall.
8- Reboot and then plug the cable, windows will recognize it as HugePine USB to serial and will ask you for the drivers, let windows install the driver automatically, again if you get any messages press continue anyway, once done it's ready to use.

you need to make sure everytime to use only the same USB port to avoid repeating these steps.

xp driver for usb to serial cable HL-340

Hey I have nearly the same problem. My receiver is stuck where it says communication setup and doesnt want to go past there. I tried to flash it but I get the message Connection prepared, now switch on the dreambox! I bought this cable from ebay USB 2.0 TO RS232 SERIAL DB9 9 PIN ADAPTER CABLE GPS PDA | eBay

And it comes with the following cd drivers View attachment files_that_came_on_cd.rar

They have installed automatically but it still doesn't communicate with dreambox.

Please help me as I don't know what to do!!

Yes I have used 1.3.3.2 and the latest one I have used is 1.3.3.9.

never managed to use usb to serial converter i always have had to use my old dinasour desktop with xp on it
what are you trying to do is it just to flash an image as you can use ethernet cable and flash xp or optiflash
or is it something more serious

The receiver has no ip at the moment so I need to flash it through the rs232. If anyone knows what the problem might be please let me know.

Back