USB Loader question

i used usbloader 1.5 installed very quickly -- then configure for quick boot

it is a wad file your putting in the wad folder and not a dol isnt it mate,
if its a dol put it in a folder and rename the loader file to boot.dol then put that in the apps folder then load it through hbc.
or do you mean you cant see wad manager go into your apps folder>wadmager folder then check the dol file is named boot.dol

tried both versions wad and .dol the wad file when i run wad manager it dont see file, and when i try to run the boot.dol file it errors and wont install, can somebody please explan in simple terms that i can follow.

which is best way to install it and how :)

it must be how your putting them on sd mate. for the wad it should just be in your wads folder so \root\wads then boot wad/m if the option shows choose install from wad and it should list there as far as the dol in the apps folder mate just try another loader probably best bet if you cant sort it mate tell me which loader your trying to use and i will set up the files if you want.

it must be how your putting them on sd mate. for the wad it should just be in your wads folder so \root\wads then boot wad/m if the option shows choose install from wad and it should list there as far as the dol in the apps folder mate just try another loader probably best bet if you cant sort it mate tell me which loader your trying to use and i will set up the files if you want.

can you upload the files i need, i seem to be going in circles here getting nowwhere

there you go mate, in the rar is wad manager,1 usb loader that runs from the sd and 1 usb loader that installs from wad that should sort it.
sorry i took so long nas drive went for a turd and took my wii files with it, back now though :)

cheers for that but can you explain how to install the files, im useless at stuff like this :(

all you should have to do now mate is put the sd in the wii load hbc then load wad manager select your wad to install or you can just just open hbc and load the loader i put on from the sd.

all you should have to do now mate is put the sd in the wii load hbc then load wad manager select your wad to install or you can just just open hbc and load the loader i put on from the sd.

i will give it a go m8, but im not very lucky in this department :( cheers for help m8

Ive attached ios36 rev13 installer, wad manager and usb GX loader. its the one i use and works well for me. Also ive attached a config folder it just directs the case images to the usbloader folder when you auto download them.
Also i have a channel forwarder in the wad folder.

First copy the folders in the apps folder into your apps folder, The contains of wad folder to your wad folder and the config folder straight to the root of your SD card.

Now go into your homebrew channel, run wad manager and load from SD the USB wad. when this is done reset wii and you should have the new channel. Click the channel and it will load. if you have problems with some games run try REV13 via homebrew channel selecting run via network or
try the settings

Reactions: J
Now go into your homebrew channel, run wad manager and load from SD the USB wad. when this is done reset wii and you should have the new channel. Click the channel and it will load. if you have problems with some games run try REV13 via homebrew channel selecting run via network or
try the settings

hi
this is where i get stuck i run wad manager and all it see's is iso 11 to 55 something like that how do i install the wad so it gives me the channel to run games from drive.

if i click on gx loader it finds drive and works but it dont install any channel to use ?

Last edited:
got the above working now, but only thing i have to leave in th sd card for it to work, is this correct, was hoping i could put it back in my camera :)

if your running the .dol file (using hbc) you will need the sd in all the time when you get the wad to install mate you can remove the card. i cant understand why your seeing all those ios files though unless they are wad files in your wad folder, if the loader wad is the only thing in your wad folder thats the only file you should see which version of wad manager are you using.

Last edited:
im used wad manager 1.3 the loader i installed was gx loader thats onlt one i could install, just installed a few games and it needs sd card to store the picture of the games

assuming you using the files madnlooney posted ive just put them on my sd and did the following:
run wad manager, press a to continue,
the 1st line should read, select ios version to use: <ios249> if it does press a to continue.
the 1st line should read, select source device: <wii SD Slot> if it does press a to continue.
then under the 1st line it should say
>> usb loader-usbf.wad (5.13mb) if it does press a to install
then it should say select action < install Wad > if it does press a and your done.

where is it going wrong in the above mate.

ive just installed usb loader-usbf.wad as above now it is showing on my wii sys menu.
edit: i just ran it without sd and it is a forwarder channel so you will need the sd card in the wii to use the channel in madnlooney's .rar

Last edited:
well i dont know how i got it working but i didnt get
the 1st line should read, select ios version to use: <ios249> if it does press a to continue.
the 1st line should read, select source device: <wii SD Slot> if it does press a to continue.
these options, but somehow i installed it and its working with sd card in so hopefully i will be fine

thats strange, i used the files from madnlooneys .rar and above is what i got weird, the wad manager is ver 1.4 but it is labeled as 1.3 before you boot it.
anyway if you want use your sd card in your camera you will need a loader that installs direct to the wii i put one in the rar i posted but it will be a older one but its played everything for me if you want to try it just take what ever is in the wad folder on my .rar and put it with usb loader-usbf.wad in your wad folder on your sd card and go through same steps you did to install the forwarder wad.

Last edited:
if i do that how do i remove the one i have got installed now

Back