justeve

Inactive User
Reaction score
Sounds like a new hard drive loader to run and dump wii games
-USB2 rev3
-Waninkoko's USB Loader 1.0
-Waninkoko's cIOS rev9

So far games have been working 100%

To follow more of Waninkoko's development you can visit his blog at wii.waninkoko.info

Again, USB2 is meant to be used with Waninkoko's USB Loader. The archive contains a new version of his CIOS usb2 installer which allows you to use USB v2.0 devices in your Nintendo Wii and also includes a tool for formatting hard drives in the new WBFS format.
attachment.php

Last edited:
cheers mate. ive just read else where that this could be a april fools and the blog is actually down at the moment

edit: didnt see the link ill give this a go later

Last edited:
I'm just dumping a game as l speak\type
looks ok,shame I'm not a Linux user because they can dump games and format from their pc :Kickassro

I doubt his is an aprils fool. Haven't read much about this atm but Marcan over at hackmii has made a USB Loader too just for showing that he could do it with stuff already out there.

I formatted a 8 gig usb pen drive and it seemed to show 3,8 gig partition and when l went over that,it showed another 3.8 gig free.
I installed a couple of games
Smooth Moves took 28 mins
Wii Play 55 seconds
Jelly Belly Ballistic Beans 90 seconds
Zelda 9 mins
Wii sports 6 mins

not april fool -- mate in USA just done it - yippee hdd here we come

Mate in USA has used a 40gb and if i get time i'll try an 80gb but you rip the game to the hdd unit and it only takes what files it needs to play the game ( like a scrubbed version ) -- wii play went down to 300mb so we also save on space :)

Don't know if there's a limit but people are using 500GB harddiscs so its possible to have loads of games.

cheers for the replies i like the scrubbed type thing thats a great idea i have a spare 250gb or a 120gb i cant remember which is which ill give it ago with that, cheers.

i can confirm that this works. :)

to do the format and copy games to USB Drive

N.B. E is the drive that the USB device is associated with. Please use whatever drive letter you have

C:\Documents and Settings\Lee\My Documents\wbfs_win_delta>wbfs_win.exe E init
wbfs windows port build 'delta'

!!! Warning ALL data on drive 'E' will be lost irretrievably !!!

Are you sure? (y/n): y

wbfs initialized.

C:\Documents and Settings\Lee\My Documents\wbfs_win_delta>wbfs_win.exe E info

wbfs
blocks : 3904
total : 7.67G
used : 0.05G
free : 7.63G

C:\Documents and Settings\Lee\My Documents\wbfs_win_delta>wbfs_win.exe E estimate "game.iso"

estimating RVVE78 Game...
0.65G

C:\Documents and Settings\Lee\My Documents\wbfs_win_delta>wbfs_win.exe E add "game.iso"

adding RVVE78 game...
Done in 0:01:14

C:\Documents and Settings\Lee\My Documents\wbfs_win_delta>wbfs_win.exe E list

RVVE78 game 0.65G

C:\Documents and Settings\Lee\My Documents\wbfs_win_delta>wbfs_win.exe E makehbc

RVVE78

Thats you USB setup :)

Now to install the USB loader on the Wii

Link to rev9.dol

Internet Install :
1- rename (rev9.dol to boot.dol) and put it in a folder (IOS36_rev9 Installer) and put it in (APPs) folder .
2- run HBC and look for (IOS36_rev9 Installer) and run it .
3- when prompt choose internet install and it should do it wink.gif .

Wad Install :
1- rename (rev9.dol to boot.dol) and put it in a folder (IOS36_rev9 Installer) and put it in (APPs) folder .
2- put (IOS36-64-v1042.wad) in the root of SD Card .
3- run HBC and look for (IOS36_rev9 Installer) and run it .
4- when prompt choose Wad install and it should do it

You will also need to install the USB loader channel

Link to loader

Hopw this helps . Any questions i'll try and answer them tomorrow

Last edited:
is anyone else having any trouble doing this bit wbfs_win.exe X makehbc im using vista and it just seems to crash

i think i know why i was getting this prob ive not tested yet but i think a new wbfs was released since this morning,

edit : just tried it and it sorted my prob on vista,

when i use the pc to add games everything goes great no probs but when i plug it into the wii the loader says "no wbfs partition found you need to reformat" every step went exactly as leeagt posted it above if reformat with the wii it lets me install games but then wont show a drive letter on the pc, i dont mind installing games from the wii but this part would definatly help anyone any ideas

Last edited:
If it wont show a drive letter try the following (for Vista, copy/paste from GBATemp):

1. Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management
  2. Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management
  3. Look for the USB drive in the bottom list, it's probably the last "Disk #" that you see, it should say it's "RAW". It might show up in the top list with a blank name. Rightclick either entry and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths".
  4. Add
  5. Give it a drive letter.

believe there's a problem with the delta release and also new version of usb loader ( v1.1 ) was released last night which fixes a couple of glitches .

sorry for being a total numpty, but basically with this i ca dload games onto my usb hdd, connect it to the wii, and play off there?

Back