Usb format

chadda

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a few family videos over a gig each downloaded on my laptop i have put them on usb stick to view on tv but must be in the wrong format as will not show on tv ----- on the video file has DVD can I change this so will work on my tv ?
Cheers for any help

Got a few family videos over a gig each downloaded on my laptop i have put them on usb stick to view on tv but must be in the wrong format as will not show on tv ----- on the video file has DVD can I change this so will work on my tv ?
Cheers for any help
Any Video Converter will change it to a format your tv will play. Just Google it, it's free. I've been using it for a while now. 😃

EDIT.......Just re-read your post and get what you're saying now. It's the stick that isn't being recognised and not the contents. Sorry I can't help.

Check your tv manual or Google it , and see what format it can read on usb stick to play it ,then convert them , best to format the stick first on your tv and then you know it can initialize it , then copy a film onto it from your laptop

Last edited:
A lot of TVs won't read NTFS so if you are only using files that are under 4GB you can format your stick to FAT 32

Back