USB confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
so many tutorials, so many different programmes, all the same result

i recently softmodded my wii from the original zelda hack. 2 weeks ago i found out i could play games from USB, so following a tutorial, i downloaded a manager type thing, formatted a 500G drive to wbfs, and copied over about 40 games to it, and deleted the original ISOs from my computer

to use the usb drive, i have to load the neogamma thing, change from dvd to usb, mount, wait, then it only shows a single game title on screen at a time

ive just seen the video at the bottom of the thread here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/226384/ and i want this lol

can i get this without having to mess about and reformat my usb drive from wbfs to fat32, as this type of menu system would be a lot better for the kids

what would i need to do to go from the neogamma thing to this?

cheers peeps

Last edited by a moderator:
to use the usb drive, i have to load the neogamma thing, change from dvd to usb, mount, wait, then it only shows a single game title on screen at a time

ive just seen the video at the bottom of the thread here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/226384/ and i want this lol

can i get this without having to mess about and reformat my usb drive from wbfs to fat32, as this type of menu system would be a lot better for the kids

cheers peeps

On Neogamma once you've selected USB you can use the arrow (left&right) to scroll through the games on your hard drive

Yes you can also install WiiFlow as well - I launch mine from from the homebrew channel

Last edited by a moderator:
ive installed the usb loader as shown in the thread, but when i start it, the wii restarts, i think its cos the whole drive is wbfs formatted, and not fat32 with a wbfs folder

but if i format the drive, ill lose all my games

some people partition the HD to 2GB FAT32 which keeps the wiiflow app & covers etc then the rest of the drive formated to WBFS for the games

Not a major problem if you didn't partition it first you would just have to put the wiiflow apps, covers etc on a SD Card

Downloads - wiiflow - Project Hosting on Google Code

EDIT: - do you have another HD of simlar size because there is an option in the wbfs utility to copy games from one drive to another

Last edited:
ive found that with wbfs manager 2.5 i can rebuild games from the usb drive back to my PC, slowly lol, only 37 left to go

i used the wbfs manager to format the drive originally

ive found that with wbfs manager 2.5 i can rebuild games from the usb drive back to my PC, slowly lol, only 37 left to go

i used the wbfs manager to format the drive originally

yes thats the problem, a game thats 500MB then gets recreated back to 4.7GB ISO

ive set it rebuilding nearly 100G of the iso files for now, ill transfer them all back onto PC, then format the drive as the tutorial says, then send them back to the usb drive from the pc

i dont mind doing that, i just didnt want to lose the games

You could have a look at Wii Disk Manager for the PC side and Configurable USB Loader for the Wii side

They both fully support WBFS or FAT32 on any USB device, so no need to convert anything

thats the usb loader ive just installed, but as the whole drive is wbfs formatted, when i try and start it on the wii, it just resets

ok ive followed everything in the tutorial for getting this working

but its telling me i need custom ios 222 installed

where do i get this and how do i install it :)

my wii is still 3.2E

cheers m8

i followed all that, including making all the file system from the downloaded stuff

to save others doing it, ive zipped it all up

unzip this to the root of an SD card, and its everything needed for offline updating of the cios222 and cios223

now as my wii is offline, how do i get the covers sorted :) i just started having a play with this, and its now ripping a game from the disc that is in the wii (backup) to the hard drive :)

has anyone got sports resort working with this? everything ive tried to get this game going hasnt worked, i got it when it was new out, and even paid over 25 quid for the bit for the controller, and have still never used it lol

the only original i own and the only game the kids play.... typical.

wiiflow 1.1, WBFS formatted USB Drive with about 50 games on all work perfectly for me, 4.1e

the only original i own and the only game the kids play.... typical.

wiiflow 1.1, WBFS formatted USB Drive with about 50 games on all work perfectly for me, 4.1e

if you have the original it should play from the normal disk channel in which case play the video and then rip the game to your usb hdd

edogg

if you have the original it should play from the normal disk channel in which case play the video and then rip the game to your usb hdd

edogg

no, it does work fine for me - when i first tried to use it, it wanted to update first - but it wasn't a system menu update - then it worked fine.

edogg

is it possible to rip back up games to my HD via gx usb loader?

is it possible to rip back up games to my HD via gx usb loader?

Yes it is. just insert a disc when you are in the usb loader gx , you will get a pop up asking you do you want to rip it to the hdd. It takes around 10 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back