VIP Member
Reaction score
mick, youre good with php and stuff

at the moment, you can view the site in one of 2 different views

the default view

DigitalworldzLinux.co.uk

or this view

www.digitalworldzlinux.co.uk

the main thing im playing with, it to get the 'wget' command on the dreamboxes / Vu+ receivers to log a download every time it downloads a file. the tm800 will allow just about anything except a & character in the filename, so to get arounnd this, i used a short url type redirect, and it works perfectly

other receivers dont want to play nice though, they follow the redirect, then as soon as they see theres a & or an ? in the redirected url, they throw a wobbly about the url not being correct, whod have thought the tm800 was better than the rest at something eh? lol

do you know af any tipe of file indexer, that also counts downloads, or even a script that will allow download logging, im trying PHP click counter 1.2 at the moment, but this also adds a ? to the download link, which the receivers dont like, that we could use just to judge how popular things are

this is the only thing holding up the sites final population with stuff

on another note, as i replied off the phone yesterday, when i first loaded the dbuk image, i went through just about everything to see 'what it was'

its the open pli image, with nabilo HD graphics, that have been edited for bduk. it has ppanels pre installed and a few plugins. its a dbuk dm800 version of what i did with the UR TM800 image to create the DW based image, most of what i have stored on the linux laptop will slot straight into it (i have DW modified Kerni-HD1R2 skin and DW spinner on my DM800, as well as rats updater [now working yay :)] and a 'work in progress' version of my plugin) so a lot of the graphics are already sorted for a DW based image

the latest version of cool tv guide will slot straight in, i have all of the dependant packages here pre compiled into a single package

i have a plugin download server setup on my technomatesoftware site, and can do the same for dwlinux

hosting aint a problem, as i have unmetered space and bandwidth, if you have details of where the plugins are (is it the dbuk plugin panel plugins?) ill rip them and host them in a new dedicated folder

i have about 2.1gb of plugins that i managed to rip when another site was changing hosts, they left site indexing on for a short while, so i used an ftp programme to rip nearly their entire sites file structure to my hard drive lol (including .htaccess.password files, md5 encrypted line by line, unencryptable ;) lol ) so i also have a LOAD of stuff that could be uploaded

Re: DW DM800se

fook all to do with the thread topic lol, but when has that mattered on DW ;)

off the back of what i posted above, im posting this here so i can come back to it without having to trawl google for hours again

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download counter for a downloadable file package

To record the number of times a file has been downloaded, for instance, for a file located at here: h##p://www.example.com/download/pics.zip, first you need to create a PHP file named download-pics.php, place it in the /download directory and put these lines in it:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

It’s basically the same with the counter of web page hits except that download-pics.php redirects to the real file URL after recording the hit in count.txt. Similarly, you may need to create count.txt in /download directory and put an 0 in it for the first time.

Now, instead of giving the real URL of the file to your user, you would give them this URL:

h##p://www.example.com/download/download-pics.php

So they will download pics.zip from here instead of from the real URL or the download hit will not be recorded.

To show the number of times pics.zip has been downloaded, just put these lines in the intended place of any PHP file that’s located in the /download directory (the same directory of count.txt):

Code:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this could be the answer to the bad redirect problem thats holding up the plugin / site as ideally we'd like to be able to monitor how popular downloads are. i dont mind doing the work coding all the links and the php stuff, as long as i know what im doing works

Why don't you use apache to rewrite the urls

I only know nginx

For example in your htacess you would use the rewrite directive to make

index.php?whatever=12

Index/whatever/12

There are hundreds of tuts on google for apache rewrites mate

Because the php operators are very important mate.

Mick

Last edited:

been looking into this for last 4 hours lol, and have this

Code:

but it crashes the site, fed up now, going for a beer or 13 lol

but you wont really be able to get rid of the ? = etc without rewriting the urls.

I am shite at rewriting rules but I can get you them mate.

Can you do me a favour please mate, tell me the exact urls that you want to rewrite or give me a link to them so i can see them.

Regards
Mick

You have made it quite difficult with all the % and directory changes mate.

Can you not mess around with the system you are usin now and see if you can add search engline friendly urls in the admin section??

then it will put it nice for you and the rewrites should be simple mate.

I do not know what software you are using but do they not have a plugin for it either ?

Regards
Mick

what 'look' do people prefer?

the main url will be this look

DigitalworldzLinux.co.uk

as this then allows rat and ellie to log in to upload stuff, and it will only stay looking like this, if people actually scroll down and click on the folder, instead of clicking on the banner at the top for 'their' receiver.

once they click on a banner, it can either stay the same as the main page (click the dreambox folder, then either of test 1 or test 4 folder so see it all in the same style)

for different automatic file indexing, im playing with 2 different scripts, so click on the dreambox banner at the top

the first layout you see, is also whats in the folder test1, and inside this folder, is another 2 folders, test1.1 and test1.2, but if you click on these, you get the unauthorised message, as the script isnt copied into these folders as well, handy for disabling access to specific folders, but still have access to upload into from the main login page (these folders can also be hidden from view so people navigating through from the main login page also wont see them)

the second type is as folder test4, which i personally like better, but, you cannot hide folders within this script, so EVERYTHING uploaded to folders Vu+ and Dreambox will be publically visable

just wondering what others think really

tbh whatever is easiest for you mate :)

Back