Ur 2.1.0 16/3/10

Would this be stopping me mounting my NAS drive to /hdd ???

did you have a way to create/mount "/hdd" on older images ?

on this image it won't mount if there's a drive in the usb port "/hdd" auto mounts/links to, i only use back usb port and i'm able to mount to "/hdd" ok.

Cheers for the reply ToneDeff. I was trying all last night to get my NAS to mount on my TM600 as I have a few hundred gig free on the NAS.

No idea if it needs to be a NFS / SMBFS / CIFS or what settings I should use. Been reading some threads on other forums after google'ing and some people have found they can only mount using smbmount from CLI via telnet / shh.

Mount manager doesn't seem to work, I think it's due to the propriatary version of linux used as firmware on the NAS drive itself.

What settings *should* I be using? Any ideas?

hello all,
I"m a newbie to both this site and linux STBs.and have bought a TM500 to just play around with so its not important if I cant get it working right,but I like to try.
I initially installed ur image dated 20/1/10 and everything was ok,red button downloaded keys for 1W and digi tv opened even though "no internet connection" was showing,I then installed ur image dated 14/10/09 and once again fine and this time static ip came up.Then I installed this latest image dated 16/3/10.it installed fine but not only does it show no internet connection no cams are showing either just "common interface".this meant of course I could no longer open digi tv.and I could find no way of downloading cams.I then re-installed ur image dated 14/10/09 but even after doing factory re-sets from the setup panel and the u boot.the cams no longer work.any advice would be much appreciated.but my IT skills are zero so keep it simple,and as I said its not important as I dont use the set to actually watch TV so I"ll keep playing with it and see what happens.I have read all the posts in this thread but confess I didnt under stand all of the jargon.

This image is a great improvement for me visually and physically. One example is the remote, on previous images it always appeared to suffer from lag when trying to turn channels over or do anything which involved using the remote but with this image this doesn't happen.

ref: my post #43 I have now got cams working again on ur image dated 14/10/09.I cant be 100% sure if what I did caused it to work but this is what I did-factory reset-loaded official image-factory reset-loaded ur image 14/10/09-factory reset.red button-blue button-save and re start.(still not working)went to ur panel on blue button found download key-rollaform autoroll key.Digi tv started working again.It may have been coinsidental but it is working and stable.
regarding ur 2.1.0 16/3/10 if anyone could tell me how to get it to connect to the internet and install cams I would be grateful as I would like to give it another try.

No mate, a factory reset seems to sort the issue of people experiencing no internet on their TM's.

What does everyone think of the new skin that's shipped with the new image?

Any ideas why they changed it? Is it faster or maybe allows more info on screen?

I quite like the new skin but if it's not your flavour you can easily change it for the more recognised blue enigma skin.
I just wish I knew what all the information in the bottom info bar relates to !!!

I notice the audio sync issue is still there. As before it does catch up after 10 seconds or so, only evident when changing channels.
The remote response is really improved, well happy with that UR team but please bring back the 'Bookmark' button function. I miss it greatly !!! :)

Yeh the audio sync does go out mainly on prem channels i noticed.
Also i had the gemini image on before this and i must say the channel change was much quicker than this image but overall this is a better image than the gemini.
I also don't like the skin on this image.

I noticed that the old blue skin doesn't display the time fully - it misses out some digits.

No idea if it can be fixed as I didn't really look at it too closely. Just noticed that at 20:20:33 last night all I could see was 0:20:33

but on the new bundled gold and black skin it gives the time at the top right of the screen with more room to display.

I also noticed that the black and gold skin seems to be more "responsive" and not to "laggy" when it comes to channel changes.

So that might be why people are saying the remote zapping is a lot quicker - nothing to do with the image release, just the skin used?

I noticed that the old blue skin doesn't display the time fully - it misses out some digits.

No idea if it can be fixed as I didn't really look at it too closely. Just noticed that at 20:20:33 last night all I could see was 0:20:33

but on the new bundled gold and black skin it gives the time at the top right of the screen with more room to display.

I also noticed that the black and gold skin seems to be more "responsive" and not to "laggy" when it comes to channel changes.

So that might be why people are saying the remote zapping is a lot quicker - nothing to do with the image release, just the skin used?

is there any chance of somebody changing skins to see if this has any impact,

Regards
CrazyFool.

I have switcehd to blue skin, time display is ok and remote is fast.

Wonder why my time on the blue skin doesn't display correctly then - see at the bottom right - the time should say 18:22:22 - strange!

j662yd.jpg

you could manually edit the skin in a txt editor so the "time" has more room to display in..

format used by image was changed to match one used by new default skin.

e.g i edited this line on the "Stylish n Simple" skin
<eLabel position="593:3" size="55:26" font="Nimbus;22" name="time" align="right" backgroundColor="dunkel" foregroundColor="dunkel+15" />

<eLabel position="587:3" size="83:26" font="Nimbus;22" name="time" align="right" backgroundcolor="dunkel" foregroundcolor="dunkel+15" />

Loaded the new image today and I love it.

And I like the new skin.

Only problem I still have is no webx-tv through the browser. get a window with dropdowns at the bottom and epg at the top. changing dropdowns zaps the box but no picture or sound :(

Also, if I map and mount a network drive can I make this the default save location for recording?

Back