Upgrading from 80cm to 1.2m

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all

im interested in upgrading from 80cm motorised dish to 1.2m

im in west central scotland and the dish has a perfectly clear line of sight

ive been told that triax is the best dish to go for?

im looking to pick up as many of the fringe sats as possible like anything further round than 7w and 30e

Currently my 80cm dish is onto a technomate motor and the improvised bracket is a pair of T&K brackets held in with 5 m10 rawlbolts with a scaffolding tube connecting the brackets and the dish

would that suffice for a 1.2m dish?

Reading some of the threads i think you would struggle on 7 west , debate is has the signal been reduced on this bird recently, due to a certain broadcaster who is moving around a bit at the moment?

30 west no problem along with many other birds.

I don't like Triax they are difficult to fine tune. The Gibertini is better.

Other members will have there input for you also with likes and dislikes.Good luck.

thanks mate its cause theres £120 of a difference between the two makes mate thats why i ask

if i cant get that sat with a 1.2m dish with perfect line of sight ( only thing that could interfere is the clouds!) then no one can!

all my installer mates say triax is the way to go?

gibertini is leading the way then..just need to track down a 1.2m dish less than £190

google it, have around 170, there will be members here who can give you nudge in the right place im sure.

hey all

im interested in upgrading from 80cm motorised dish to 1.2m

im in west central scotland and the dish has a perfectly clear line of sight

ive been told that triax is the best dish to go for?

Triax don't make a 1.2, they make a steel 1.1 and they don't rust in tests up to 15 years except for the odd nut and do beat the Gibertini 1m dishes, but if you want a 1.2 & if it gets windy there you should look at a Channel Master 1.2, try to drop on a used one and go 36v H-H motor or polarmount & 36v actuator & V box.

what real advantage is there for me if i buy a 1.2 over a 1.1?

what real advantage is there for me if i buy a 1.2 over a 1.1?

A Channel Master 1.2 is a lot bigger than a Triax 1.1 even though they sound similar it's a big jump, the Triax is 1.1 high & the Channel Master is 1.3 high I think.
If you want to try for 7.3w there you need at least 1.2 but even a Channel Master 1.2 is too small for 7w & possibly too small for 7.3w there. A 1.8m might get you into a similar reception as a 1m or 1.1 in Manchester on some of the weaker satellites.

If you exclude 7.3w & 7w from the list then a 1.1 should pull in 30 or 40 satellites or more there if you have a clear line of sight. You'll get some idea going through Lyngsat & looking at the coverage maps.

to be honest the footy thats on between 0.8w-28.2e will do me so 7w isnt a biggie, its mainly 24.5w cause my team will be on it this thursday after that it would be obsolete lol

Hi MFCGAVMFC
I have a triax 1.1m dish you can have to try if you want mate no lnb on it tho
Live near Bathgate if interested
Bopper

Back