Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TM6092 - where to start

Chris Williams

Inactive User
Hi all, Newbie alert, but im interested :)

May I please have some advice and pointers?

I have inherited a 1.2m motorised offset dish, currently fixed and pointed South, (my sat finder bleeped the loudest so it fixed it there!)
single universal LNB
TM6902 HD T2 super 1.22 firware unpatched, no cams, cards or "things"
TM V BOX 2 not yet connected
WD 500GB USB drive.

I realise that I need to connect up the power and align the dish correctly but for the moment Im getting about 10 sats ranging from 61w to 75E with good signal quality, I can get all the usual fta channels including HD BBC ITV CBS Action and the like. so considering it was nothing last week im quite happy "yay"

the question is -

what next ?, what can/should I do, is it worth trying to try this phantom patch, if so how do you do it?
can i, should i try a softcam?, again how do you do it? i see the files but what next?

umm?
cheers

Hi all, Newbie alert, but im interested :)

May I please have some advice and pointers?

I have inherited a 1.2m motorised offset dish, currently fixed and pointed South, (my sat finder bleeped the loudest so it fixed it there!)
single universal LNB
TM6902 HD T2 super 1.22 firware unpatched, no cams, cards or "things"
TM V BOX 2 not yet connected
WD 500GB USB drive.

I realise that I need to connect up the power and align the dish correctly but for the moment Im getting about 10 sats ranging from 61w to 75E with good signal quality, I can get all the usual fta channels including HD BBC ITV CBS Action and the like. so considering it was nothing last week im quite happy "yay"

the question is -

what next ?, what can/should I do, is it worth trying to try this phantom patch, if so how do you do it?
can i, should i try a softcam?, again how do you do it? i see the files but what next?

umm?
cheers

Hi mate and welcome!
I'm sure that there are many posts regarding your questions on this forum - just suggest you have a good look around first, then if you are still 'stuck' maybe we can assist you!
Its just that I dont want to duplicate anything else thats maybe already been said on this subject on our brilliant forum - DW!:Biggrin2:!

Hi Chris Williams,

...I'm getting about 10 sats ranging from 61w to 75E with good signal quality...

That's one hell of an arc mate... are you sure about that... where do you live... on top of a mountain...? : snowflak ...or on the edge of a cliff overlooking the sea...? :wtf::err:

Extremely impressive if correct...

Satellites that far East and that far West are way below the horizon for nearly everyone in the UK... probably 99% of us...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Hi Chris Williams,

That's one hell of an arc mate... are you sure about that... where do you live... on top of a mountain...? : snowflak ...or on the edge of a cliff overlooking the sea...? :wtf::err:

Extremely impressive if correct...

Satellites that far East and that far West are way below the horizon for nearly everyone in the UK... probably 99% of us...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Thanks for the replies chaps, ill hunt the forums again, for guide to patch and cam for my receiver?

I live way up north where the air is clean and the sky is open :) 57.35 N

I get channels on:
Echostar3 61.5degW
26 sats including thor astra etc till i get to
70.5E to eutelsat W5 only 2 channels but still, kind of scared to touch it again lol

u impressed still or am i reading it wrong?, very possibly lol.
im guessing thats the azimuth?

Echostar3 61.5degW no way can you get these transmissions in the UK as this is a "DTH = Direct to Home Sat" in the USA,
The footprint only covers the USA so I am now confused about the rest of your post claims please give your location.

68° east is a good possibility if you have the lay of the land and live in a 30 storey tower block with the dish on top

Echostar3 61.5degW no way can you get these transmissions in the UK as this is a "DTH = Direct to Home Sat" in the USA,
The footprint only covers the USA so I am now confused about the rest of your post claims please give your location.

I think its circular polarised too. Wouldn't that need a different lnb ?

Hi chopps,

Yes you are quite correct mate... according to Lyngsat...

EchoStar 3 at 61.5°W ~ is now empty

EchoStar 12 at 61.5°W ~ uses frequencies with right-hand circular polarity only
EchoStar 15 at 61.5°W ~ uses frequencies with right-hand/left-hand circular polarity

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Maybe another case of just because the signal bars are moving you think you have the satellite when the frequencies are the same such as Bonham at 56 east only has a footprint in Russia some think that they have 20 satellites with a fixed dish & a single Lnb :FRIGHT:

This is the problem with the old data base info used in all receivers from the Far East & China some still have Telecom @ 8 west with Eurosport fta symbol rate 6888 I forget the frequency now ah happy days

hmmm, like i said, newbie and not knowing what im looking at...

i did a phantom patch, i think, the firmware doesnt confirm it, just the latest 1.22 from TM, which i managed to do ok.
how do i do that phantom patch and what does it do?

so i did a factory reset and indeed echostar3 is gone into the abyss.
now i can get 30w hispasat to 76.5e telstar 10/c tp3.68h/27.5

I saw bonham but as i couldnt get fta channels i discounted it.

I live in a detached house in the north of scotland.
so what next?

ok so i got it to take the phantom patch now, i got some new menu for css and biss..too
so im blind scanning the universe to see what i get and just need to send bishop up to the surface to realign the dish, prep the ship and prepare to evac before we nuke the site from orbit :)

ok so i got it to take the phantom patch now, i got some new menu for css and biss..too
so im blind scanning the universe to see what i get and just need to send bishop up to the surface to realign the dish, prep the ship and prepare to evac before we nuke the site from orbit :)

lol. It's the only way to be sure.

Back